1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Anyone ever done this before?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Umm, yes. And save the crocodile tears.

#21 Zaac, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surely you aren't judging my relationship with Jesus, are you?

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, you must be able to go in there with spiritual binders on. As a person who once attracted to those places, I can't even consider it. However, this guy swore to me he was not looking at the photos, and that he was simply wanting to shock people when they opened the magazine, with a Jesus loves you but hates sexual sin track!

Just thought I'd ask! Don't try it if it leads you to sin, I would not want to see you fall, even for a moment! Shalom! :wavey:

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Stop the madness. How are you rescuing anyone? All they'll see is some crazy acting person causing a ruckus in front of their church.

This is not evangelizing that you're doing. To evangelize, you actually have to talk to people and have them listen to you. What you're talking about doing will do nothing more than cause people to tune you out.

Your actions betray you just as they do so many others. If your concern were to evangelize, you'd humble yourself and stop this very self-centered approach that will drive folks away from your message.

1If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 1 Cor. 13:1

Evangelists usually display a brokenness about the lost and where they are heading and COMPASSIONATELY and sternly appeal to them.

You seem to somehow lack the compassion of an evangelist from what I keep seeing. But that's just my opinion.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I wasn't but I don't have any problem righteously doing so.:smilewinkgrin:

6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People aren't targets. Change that perspective and your methods will follow.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoa, hang on a minute. Since when does Calvinism, which you believe, teach that God sends evangelists to dying or reprobate people? Unbelievers are just spiritually dead people. Why would God favor cancer victims?

8. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go chase a Kangaroo!!!!

9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ITL, I think that you may have started something that cannot be undone. :laugh:

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In this case it strikes me as similar to their actions at funerals. Seeking attention by being disruptive and disrespectful.

11. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I've always taken Jude 23 to mean that those saved with fear are saved with a righteous fear, or a fear of the Lord...not because you said or did something that scared them into Heaven.

Remember, Evan, that a servant of the Lord is not supposed to strive (II Timothy 2:24), but should be gentle to everyone. I recall you basically bragging about being combative, but the Bible tells us not to be that way. We should be gentle and kind to those we meet. We never know what they're going through. Being harsh and combative might turn them further from the Lord.

There is a time for solemn, authoritative speaking, but more often than that we are called to be gentle, meek, and humble.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Exactly. And he seems to get some sort of joy out of publicly acting like the "Mean Girls" at other people's churches and then wondering why he keeps running into walls?

Try being nice Evan. You ever just go up and try to just talk to someone and see what's going on with them first?

If you're dealing with an apostate church, there is DEFINITELY another way to go about it.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess I'll have to change my mascot.

[​IMG]

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Don't lie. I am not combative I am bold.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Irony Alert!!

16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

We are not disruptive nor disrespectful. We are bold myself more so than my partner but nothing like Ray Comfort. Ray suggested once to go inside a bar and leave tracts. I am not bold enough for that but apostate churches I am.

My partner who works with me has never said me to be mean or rude. He did say that sometimes but not always I badger people with questions and may not connect as well. He says it happens sometimes but not always. Since he works with me and had seen me preach I take his advice.

17. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Consider 2 Corinthians 10:12-13. It does us no good to try to measure ourselves by others, or compare ourselves to others. Be what God has called you to be; not what you think Ray Comfort would want you to be.

18. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have heard Ray Comfort talk to the lost and I will say the thing that always strikes me is his compassion for them. He is really concerned for their eternal state. I've also listened to Evan preach on youtube and it comes across as look at me, look at what I'm doing, but I did not see compassion for his hearers.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So why don't you BOLDLY go and talk to the pastor? Address your grievances with him or ask him if you and your partner can pass out tracts after a service instead of just showing up?

20. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must say that I agree and have the same impression. It is obvious he has a heart and a calling for what he does.