1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone have any info on Belhaven University?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Squidward, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Squidward

Squidward Member

They have graduate classes that are $199 per credit hour. It’s Presbyterian, and I don’t see any red flags, but wanting to find out if they come from the PCUSA angle. Thanks

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. HatedByAll

HatedByAll Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I live within ten miles of Belhaven. I know people who have worked there and are graduates. I don't have any personal experience with the college during the last twenty or twenty five years, but I know its local general reputation. Academically it is has a good reputation but not an outstanding one. Milsaps, the local Methodist University has the strongest academic reputation. Mississippi College and Belhaven are about even with MC probably being stronger now, but Belhaven was slightly stronger academically in the past. Milsaps is quite liberal. Belhaven and MC are seen as conservative, but neither of them would be considered Fundamentalist, or strongly conservative. But, when I have been on Belhaven's campus I have never seen radical liberal students or gay pride flags or anything like that.

As a local my opinion is the School is conservative but almost all Universities today have their liberal professors and staff. It is not a liberal school, but I can't vouch for not having some modern problems like almost all other schools experience today.

If the student is a resident of Mississippi, I would recommend they look into Mississippi College too. Lealand Speed, a local businessman has gifted MC with the ability to offer any Mississippi resident with a scholarship that pays the full tuition for any high school graduate with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. I am more familiar with MC than Belhaven and can vouch for MC being significantly more conservative than the average college. Not perfect, but far from being another liberal college that is so common today.

4. Squidward

Squidward Member

Thank you, gentlemen, for that info. Hatedbyall, thank you. Lots of good info.