1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

anyone reviewed this: God's Word in Our Hands?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Forever settled in heaven, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Forever settled in heaven

"God's Word in Our Hands: The Bible Preserved for Us"

Summary:
    Available July 2003 In this follow-up book to the landmark From the Mind of God to the Mind of Man, the Text and Translation Committee discusses the historical preservation of the Word of God. The solid facts of the process by which the Bible has come to its present form are explained in detail. The book includes textual criticism of the existing manuscripts and autographs, including the Textus Receptus, the Majority, Eclectic, and Minority texts, and the Masoretic Text. It also provides needed answers to the arguments of those who adhere to extreme or exclusive positions. This book is excellent for pastors, teachers, and laypersons alike. It will prove that all conservative versions are, without a doubt, translations of the plenary verbally inspired Word of God.
    http://www.emeraldhouse.com/prodinfo.asp?sku=GodsWord

2. aefting

aefting New Member

I've heard about this book being in the works but did not know that it was available. I have a friend who attends Dr. Minnick's church and I would be disappointed if he neglected to inform me that it was finally published. I may give him a call.

My understanding is that they deal specifically with the preservation issue and the Biblical texts that many onlies use to promote their view. I'm looking forward to getting a copy.

Andy

3. aefting

aefting New Member

One of the authors, Dr. John Hutcheson, spoke at our church last Sunday. He says that they are targeting a Thanksgiving-time release of the book.

Andy