1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone want to help me out?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Gina B, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'd appreciate it VERY much if someone well versed in Christianity AND Mormonism could go through a debate on it that I saved. I took out all the side posts and arguments and focused on me and a specific other person. I'd like someone to go through it and see what other things I should be pointing out and how to improve on what I've presented.
    It's been going on for a few days now, so it's a lot of material...it's saved in 3 files to give you an idea.
    So if you'd like to spend a few hours of your weekend helping out a sistah ( <--unabashed appeal to your sense of guilt) I'll be really happy. [​IMG]
    Gina

2. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

I would be happy to help you out, Gina.
    My daughter joined the LDS church several years ago and I have argued, debated, pleaded and discussed virtually every aspect of their religious beliefs with her and for about two years on LDS related boards with many hardnosed Mormons from every walk of life up to and including obnoxious BYU professor Daniel C. Peterson, well noted LDS apologist.
    {He is the author of works on evidences for the Book of Mormon, yet admitted to me that there is actually no proof for it's validity.}
    I quit posting on their boards due to the tiresome rudeness of the Mormons and my coming to the conclusion that I wasted hundreds of hours of research and debate.
    I came to the conclusion that no amount of persuasive argument or apologetic debate will sway them.
    After all, they have their "prophet" to tell them what's really true, don't they?
    However, as I said, I will be glad to share what I have learned, and don't let me dissuade you from going at the task yourself.
    If nothing else, you will certainly increase your own knowledge of the Bible.

Now, where do we go from here?

MR

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I sent you a pm. [​IMG]
    Gina

4. wjrighter

wjrighter New Member

gina ck. out the god-makers,movie...bill

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I think I have. I tend to shy away from works like that because although somewhat accurate, I've found a high level of misrepresentation and hysteria in those materials.
    There's plenty enough wrong with mormonism that it doesn't need to be exaggerated or added falsely to in order to make it seem wrong. It IS wrong, and just telling the truth in itself works fine.
    Gina