1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apology

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JustAsIAm, Mar 6, 2004.

1. JustAsIAm

JustAsIAm New Member

While scanning some posts from a few days ago, I discovered that someone had taken offense at a post of mine, but the thread was closed and I could not aplogise for offending.

My comment that a pentacostal Carson would be frightening was purely in fun. I had no idea he was banned from the board, as I had not posted in a few days. I will miss Carson, if he really is banned, we've had some spirited conversations and I've learned from him. Let's face it, given Carson's zeal as a non-pentacostal, a pentacostal Carson would hit the world like a hurricane!!! I'll continue to pray for his conversion. With his passion and mind, he will make a great impact on whoever he comes into contact with in life.

Adopted Daughter, I'm sorry you were offended. It was not my intention to be offensive. The Bible does tell us to be slow to anger and quick to forgiveness. It might help you to keep that in mind, especially on a board like this :D

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually - I did not know Carson was banned until you posted this.

He has not been posting here much at all recently - so I doubt that it could be a recent offense.

I am very surprised to hear that he is banned. I too poked a little fun at him - after saying (seriously) that I think he is studying at a Franciscan seminary.

This is very surprising.

In Christ,

Bob

3. AdoptedDaughter

AdoptedDaughter New Member

Thank you for the apology. I know Carson will appreciate it too.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well - not that I was particularly impressed by Carson's avoidance of any "details" that were too difficult for him to answer -- but he did have some good things to say at times and he seemed to be less inclined to pure ad hominem than some others even of non-RC leanings.

I think he will be missed.

Makes me wonder what in the world he did to get cut off.

On the other hand - the board monitors here have been the most tolerant - the most open minded - the most fair that I think I have ever seen. They have set a very high standard for open Christian debate and discussion.

So I guess I am "conflicted" on this one.

In Christ,

Bob

5. AdoptedDaughter

AdoptedDaughter New Member

if you wanna know....pm me....

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Bob Ryan, there were a few persons banned together. It was explained on this board, although for the privacy of the people involved we didn't name names. Unfortunately Adopted Daughter has decided to do that on her own, although it is well known that we do not publically name those who have been banned.
    The reason it occurred was more than just one reason, but the basic one was that it was asked not to prosyletize baptist members for other denominations, although debate on most subjects was and is still allowed. That request was not only not honored, it was responded to in a very derogatory manner repeatedly.
    It has already been discussed at length on the board, so do keep in mind that further threads on it are being discouraged as a few members keep repeating the same hostile remarks and the threads end up not going well because of it.
    If you do have further questions on why it happened, the best person to pm and ask is not going to be someone not involved in the decision at all. Try the mods and admins. [​IMG]
    Gina

7. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I second the post by Gina. There are a few people here who would like to make a mountain out of a molehill. [​IMG]

Dr. Bob Griffin posted a thread in the Baptist Board.com Announcements forum, highlighting the reasons why some of the Catholics were banned. I do not believe AdoptedDaughter or anybody else will be able to give a more reasonable answer as to why - only a polarized version of the facts. :(