1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Allah and God the Same?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Revolt, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Still a valid question that goes begging. </font>[/QUOTE]A simple question, yet no answer...does't someone know? :confused:

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Still a valid question that goes begging. </font>[/QUOTE]A simple question, yet no answer...does't someone know? :confused: [/QUOTE]

I have an Arabic Bible, such as you would use in Saudi Arabia. I also have a copy of the Quran. The word for "God" in John 1:1 is exactly the same as the word "Allah" in the Quran. Thus if you were using the Arabic Bible you would be compelled to use the word, "Allah," as the name for God. I don't believe there is any confusion in an Arabic Christian's mind who is the true "God." Likewise there ought to be no confusion in our minds when an English speaking Hindu uses "god," we know that he is not speaking of the same "God" of the Bible.
    DHK

3. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Thanks, DHK, for some direct information from a primary source. Now we're getting somewhere.

So, it seems to me that:

1. It is elementary and obvious that the God of Islam is NOT the God of the Bible, the One True God.

2. "Allah" is an Arabic name for God, and can be the True God if that is who is being referenced, or can be a false god, if that is who is being referenced.

Right??

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, that's right.
    Linguistically speaking the Arabic word "Allah" simply means "god," just as our English word "god" could be the god of any number of religions.
    DHK