1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Heaven and Paradise the same?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by th1bill, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretty feasible breakdown there Tim, IMO; off subject, but may I ask if you have any opinion about the other two parts of Heaven and how they come into to play?

2. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not going to apologize for my opinion that the scriptures are the finale court of arbitration and if that means I smell to you, so be it, I'll just stand over here with God ad believe His word over that of men. As fr the language problem, that can easily be repaired and I see where that might be the case but webdog did and is shooting from the hip, building straw men or another metaphor if you prefer, but he is playing fast and loose with the scriptures. When anyone tells me that the scriptures are just the opinions of men there is trouble i the house!
    Wow! When we deal with the scriptures as less than the Word of the Most Holy God we are bound for eternity in Hell, every one of us that do so. I reread the posts of mine and webdog's up to this point and I have been truthful. The truth is not unkind, the your okay, I'm okay theology you seem to be pushing for me to adopt is a lie and a lie harms everyone.

I did not offer up rhetoric, I offered a very seldom preached truth and supported it with scripture. If you are a moderator here and the forums nature is so liberal as to permit false points of view of the scriptures as acceptable you might want to ban me now. Webdog hit me right off the bat with an idea and I do not follow ideas, thoughts or the teaching of men. I follow God and none other. When I am presented with a man's thoughts and those thoughs have no scriptural bearing I do not just gloss them over, they are published on the web and are there for men and children to be misled by.

As for changing webdog's opinion, I'm not God and he immediately darted off into left field ad sought to pull everyone there with him. I have always been a "seeker" friendly teacher but webdog is not seeking!

If I must assume that every person here is a member of the Bride of Christ then you do need to boot me! The scriptures, from Genesis to Revelation teach that this is not true.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You posted your interpretation of the Word of God. Others have posted Scripture with their interpretation. Do you know what the Bible has to say about pride? Maybe a study would be helpful.

You've come here to Baptist Board and have been nothing but arrogant in your posting. It makes for a very sour taste in our mouths and really puts up a barrier to proper dialogue and discussion. Think about it.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Matthew 27:51-54 says:

1And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many. 54 When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, "Truly this was the Son of God!"

Where does it say that these bodies that came back to life were Old Testament saints - or that they saw Jesus? I don't see support for that. Yes, they were raised from the dead but they walked into the city and appeared to many - but they did not go out of town to see Jesus.

I agree that Jesus did not descend into hell but I'm not sure if I agree with you about Heaven and Paradise.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Okay, let's finally put the issue to rest.

This is Heaven:
    [​IMG]

This is Paradice:
    [​IMG]

Any questions?

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

That is only one view of that text. It also can mean that the Spirit of Christ was preaching through the OT prophets. This view is supported by the text, especially in context of 1 Peter.

netbible.org

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

WELL, when you put it that way, I have to agree - heaven and paradise are two different things. :D

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Number One Bill...I'm not a "seeker", I have been saved by grace through faith. The next time you insinuate I am lost, I will be reporting you to the administrator of this site. You are pompous, rude and quite un-Christ like. When has the view of Heaven in relation to Abraham's Bosom or Paradise been an essential component for salvation?
    Hogwash. You offered up ONE view of Paradise using Scripture, as have I for the opposite view. Truth is, to come to your (and those here who hold to that view) position, since Scripture is clearly silent in regards to what you present, the view has to be read between the lines. We have clear Scripture (which I have provided) directly associating Heaven and paradise..there is no such Scripture associating paradise from Heaven. Regardless, it is not "essential" in regards to salvation.

#48 webdog, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2009
  9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How dare you bring a contrary view to the Number One Bill. You shouldn't speak out against anything he says...you will be lumped in with the lost with me, you false prophet you! :)

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Now you've gone and done it...you disagreed with the OP. Be prepared to be labeled a reprobate!

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I can take it. I know how to use the report button. I've used it today already. :)

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Welcome to the club. I've been called a reprobate, abostate, and potentate.

13. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WHOA!!! Thank for the warning...:eek:

14. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ... The only place you can charge me with using anyone's interpretation is in the use of the word "hell" and there I did not use my interpretation, I opted for the common usage instead of using Gehenna.
    ... As for pride, do feel great for stifling the teacher? You are not demonstrating humility here. I gave you what my LORD has given to me for you and you seek to kill the messenger?

15. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I neither expected, demand nor even requested that everyone agree with what I posted. This conversation went south when webdog went extra-Biblical and began spouting his opinion and making his opinion equal to the Holy Scriptures. Now you are trying to kill a dead dog?

16. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ... No argument.

17. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ... You have claimed to be a Christian and I never claimed, in any fashion that you were not saved, that is a lie! I said that I did not expect to see you at the Bride's Table and to a studied Christian that places you, at best, at the Guest's Table. The guests are saved but they are only observers at the wedding. (Matt. 22:1-14)
    ... FYI The screen name is a left over from my days before I took Christ. There is a funny history involved with the screen name and i have kept because the LORD has not moved me to change it and it is a persistent reminder of what God has saved me from. Learning abut a person before you rag them out will profit you much.

[BILL YOU HAVE SAID THIS:

... You have claimed to be a Christian and I never claimed, in any fashion that you were not saved, that is a lie! I said that I did not expect to see you at the Bride's Table and to a studied Christian that places you, at best, at the Guest's Table. The guests are saved but they are only observers at the wedding. (Matt. 22:1-14)

TO STATE THAT A SAVED PERSON WILL NOT BE AT THE WEDDING BUT ONLY AN OBSERVER IS AS GOOD AS SAYING THEY ARE UNSAVED. YOU ARE JUST PLAYING A GAME OF SEMANTICS. IN THE BOOK OF JOB SATAN HAD ACCESS TO GOD AS WELL. YOU WILL DO WISE TO KEEP YOUR REMARKS MORE TACTFUL.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.]

DHK

#57 th1bill, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2009
  18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'll also expect an apology for the obvious lies as well, as I have NEVER ONCE EVER claimed my opinion is equal to Holy Scripture. For the layman reading this thread, I would think that would be the accusation made against you from what you have said.

#58 webdog, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2009
  19. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The body of Jesus Christ was in the grave, His spirit/soul was with God!

Ecclesiastes 12:7. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

20. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I agree webdog.