1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are You and Your Baptist Church Either Free Grace/or Lordship salvation?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jan 5, 2012.

1. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Yes I am. (I was when you mentioned it in another thread a year or so back :)). So I think we are agreed - the term "Free Grace" is used by different people to mean different things. That was my point really; unless we know which meaning is intended, how can we have a meaningful discussion? If a poster writes using the term "Free Grace" in the way Dan Taylor used it, and someone reads that post understanding "Free Grace" to mean belief in Doctrines-of-Grace/Calvinistic/Reformed doctrines, there could be a lot of misunderstanding on both sides.

I'll leave it there, because the original poster (Jesus Fan) has kindly provided the definition he meant:
    Free Grace Would be the position that in order to get saved, be a new creation in Christ, one has to ONLY believe in their hearts and confess with their mouths jesus is Lord
    HS would then come to reside, and the process of becoming more like into image of Christ now begins