1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you sure?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you absolutely sure?

Matt 7:21
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    v22...
    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Look closely at what the Lord says. In this passage He is not speaking about other religions or even people with no religion. He is speaking of people who claim to be Christians.

We know that because He says they say back to Him we did this in Your name. Other religions or unreligious people do not do what they do in the Name of the Lord.

I point that out because I often hear people (by satan) criticizing those who teach that Jesus must be Lord of our life or we are not saved. These attackers call them Lordship Salvationists to mock and attack them.

They claim all one has to do is receive Jesus as personal Saviour. The problem with that is there is no such teaching in the bible. No place in the bible does it say, suggest or hint that a person can be saved in any way except to accept Jesus as Lord.

If we have not surrendered to His Lordship we are NOT saved. God did not allow His Son to be tortured, hung on a cross, and ridiculed and mocked unto death so that men can continue to be in rebellion to His authority and still get into heaven.

We either come to repentance toward God and faith in the LORD Jesus Christ (acts 20:21) or we do not get saved. If Jesus is not our Lord and Mater, He is not our Saviour.

So if you are called a Lordship Salvationist in mockery, do not feel bad, but praise God that He has allowed you to know the truth for the truth has set you free.

• Agree Agree x 1