1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you writing a book?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by John of Japan, Oct 10, 2005.

1. standingfirminChrist

I am in the middle of writing a christian romance novel.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have at it and God bless! [​IMG]

3. superdave

superdave New Member

I have been thinking about writing a book or two. In all my spare time, of course.

Perhaps if I start with something that requires slightly less research first.

I have considered a book about 2nd Generation Christians, discussing the unique challenges of raising your kids inside a Christian environment. They are many, and a tougher challenge in many ways than discipling new Adult Believers. Both my wife and I were raised in Baptist Churches, Christian Schools, Baptist College. She was a deacon's kid, I was a pastor's kid. Tremendous heritage for us, with great advantages, but for too many people we have seen, also a liability. Many Parents who were saved as adults, don't understand the difficulties their children have when they are "growing up saved" so to speak. I have plenty of experiential and anecdotal stuff for such a book, but have yet to figure out all the biblical and practical side that would have to be included.

I would also love to write Christian fiction, by that I don't mean fiction with decidedly christian content, but fiction that would be well written and be totally acceptable for christians to read, not evangelistic in nature per se. Too much of the fiction in the Christian bookstore is poorly written, and forced, the "Christian" content is not integrated into the story well, and it comes off as pushy or just lame.

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just recently completed Minutes of the Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, Rusk County, Texas 1867-1871. It is a transcription of the only known existing minutes of this early East Texas church, with some history of the church and its people. It could be helpful to historians, but was done more with the genealogist in mind. Most of it can be viewed on my Mt. Carmel Blog site (link below).