1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arkansas prepares for eclipse visitors, traffic

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Mar 5, 2024.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "On the afternoon of April 8, the moon will completely obscure the sun for about four minutes. The eclipse will occur along a path of totality stretching across nearly two-thirds of Arkansas from its southwestern to its northeastern corners. Ninety-four percent of the state will experience at least a partial eclipse.

The last time Arkansas was in the path of totality was 1918, so unless you are about 106 years old, this will be your first chance to see an eclipse here. Before that, one occurred in 1834. The next total eclipse visible here will be in 2045.

The path of totality stretches from Texas along an arc through Arkansas and continues to Maine.
    Events will be held across the state. For more information about those, go to arkansas.com/eclipse."

- rest of article at Arkansas prepares for eclipse visitors, traffic

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife and I will be visiting my daughter and her family in Houlton, Maine to view the eclipse.
    The remote town has been planning for an influx of visitors by hosting an eclipse festival. Available rooms are hard to find now. People are charging for tent space on their front lawns (Maine in April can still be quite cold).

I was a youth in Cincinnati Ohio in the late 1960”s when I saw my last full eclipse.

I’ve prepared by studying up how to photograph and record the event on a new camera I recently purchased.

Rob

• Like Like x 1
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rob, should you get any awesome pics please share them with us. Thanks in advance… stay warm & enjoy your trip.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The weather looks promising for a clear view of the eclipse tomorrow.

upload_2024-4-7_12-14-30.jpeg

Early preview of the 2024 eclipse.

Rob

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    upload_2024-4-12_10-6-21.jpeg

It’s tough getting pics to show on the BB sometimes

Here’s a few pics of the eclipse.
    You can’t see much detail in this collage of pics.
    There was actually a sun spot that could be tracked as the eclipse occurred.

Rob

• Like Like x 1