1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arminian Weaknesses reflect Calvinism

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Van, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

No, they are in error because they are in error...

You are wrong. I'm here to interact with brothers and sisters in the Lord, and though I certainly enjoy a good debate, I have no ax to grind nor do I have a published agenda as do you...

A lot of "begging" going on of late, huh? I do not assume Calvinism to be true. I assume that the Scriptures are true, and that Calvinism is one way of seeing those true Scriptures. I do not front my theology first, then bend Scripture to match. I follow Christ and His Word, and then search for a theology that best matches what I find in that Word. In fact, as such, I am an Infralapsarian not a Supralapsarian, because I cannot go as far in my Reformed leanings as do some and be faithful to the Text.

I do see the childish game you mention, however... Probably not quite the same way you see it as you pound post after post in favor of your published agenda. :thumbs:

That is precisely what I mean. I can't know if you "entertain" them. I can only know what you pick and choose to respond to on this board (while playing one of those "childish games" when others do likewise to you by suggesting that they have no argument if they do not respond).

I distinctly recall giving you a chance to provide a positive response in favor of free will and the limits or lack thereof. You came forward with nothing that added to the thread. I suspect that you did not because you fully realize the ramifications (as did many other free-will people on this board) of your position. We can try again if you like...

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Now that we all know you are the arbitrator of all truth we can shut down the debate board and just let you talk now. :rolleyes:

Same here. The only difference is that I'm not going around attacking others personally by speculating as to their intent "as do you..."

If I have avoided, or missed, or failed to respond to a particular argument then call me on it, but these generalized unsupported accusations are clearly unfounded and only serve to cause disunity among the brethren, an agenda I'm sure you wouldn't support.

I challenge you...in fact I dare you to go back to that thread and prove here that I failed to answer your questions. I responded fully to your questions and even followed up but you are the one who dropped out of that discussion, not me. I was respectful toward you every step of the way and only addressed the topic of the post and never resorted to personal attacks as you have done.

Revealing.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How to fix Arminianism so it conforms to scripture? Change from salvation sustained by works, an Old Covenant relic, to salvation sustained by God, 1 Peter 1:3-5, but failure to earn rewards through misunderstanding or faithlessness is taught as a loss of part of salvation.

Get rid of Prevenient Grace and accept that in our fallen unregenerate state we can set our minds on some spiritual things and understand the milk of the gospel, 1 Corinthians 3:1-3.

Get rid of election of foreseen faith in foreseen individuals before creation, and adopt the view that the election is Ephesians 1:4 was corporate, but the election described in 2 Thessalonians 2:13 was individual during our lifetime after we had heard and responded to the gospel. Thus born again believers are the "called, chosen and faithful."

God Bless

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What glfredrick said regarding Van is still valid to day two and a half years later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.