1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Audio debate on Calvinism/Arminianism

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by calvin4me, Jun 5, 2004.

1. calvin4me

calvin4me New Member

For anyone who is interested, there is a debate you can listen to on the internet.

Go to Google.com
    type in these words:
    debate Calvinism Arminianism audio

On the 2nd listing down, you will see it.
    Enjoy!

2. calvin4me

calvin4me New Member

I also recommend James White.
    I have seen no better defender of Calvinism than this man, and has many audio messages on the internet. Go to google.com and check him out.

3. tnelson

tnelson New Member

When was this debate?

by His Grace
    mike

4. calvin4me

calvin4me New Member

Tnelson-

Not really sure on the date. There is a site on the web called: "The Straight Gate"
    Messages there by Dr.James White, most of them, are arranged by years.

5. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

If indeed he's the best apologist Calvinism has to offer, then non-Calvinists have nothing to fear. :D

6. calvin4me

calvin4me New Member

Doubting Thomas-

And I eagerly await to see whatever great Arminian debater will debate him.
    Funny, I haven't see one debate him yet.
    Dr. White practically begs people to debate him.
    Actually, he DOES beg.
    Mabey you could give him a call and put him straight. :D

7. Southern

Southern New Member

Doubting Thomas,
    Ditto to the last reply. It was almost humorous if not totally unaware of the fact that he does in fact have a hard time getting people to debate him. I would also encourage you to call in to Dr. Whites Dividing Line on Tuesday or Thursday with the open phones and share your arguments with him.
    www.aomin.org

In Christ,
    Bobby

8. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Having read a couple of his books and many of his "debates" on aomin.org on various topics, it is apparant that Mr. White doesn't like to be confused with the facts. Also some of his "ground rules" for debates stack the deck in his favor at the outset, thus limiting effective debate. Why bother debating one such as that? If the professional debaters are reluctant to put up with that, I'm not going to waste my time either.

A couple of years ago I spent a good bit of time on his website, and if one limits himself to reading Mr. White's side of things, then I can see why he can convince some. However, as a result of reading the unedited "other side" of some of those debates (in books and other websites), I've been able to see his expertise of certain debated topics is not all what he advertises it to be. So rather than remaining on the fence between Calvinism and Arminianism, thanks to investigating White's claims I've been able to get off that fence on the side of Arminianism and historic Christianity. Thanks, James! [​IMG]

9. Southern

Southern New Member

Doubting Thomas,
    To have studied so much of James work and the whole Calvinism/Arminianism debate, you think that you would be a person eligible to call Dr. White on his show and offer some of your arguments and attempt to open the eyes of all his followers who don't listen to the "other" side. Since no specific "debate" format exists on the call in program, surely you can get him to answer any question you may pose. Also, I would recommend the mIRC chat client that his chat room is on.

10. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

The reason why Calvinists hate Dave Hunt's book, "What Love Is This?" is because it worthily grinds John Calvin's pro-Roman Catholic doctrine to powder. Did some of you think that just because Luther and Calvin got justification finally figured out, that all of the rest of their Catholicism simply evaporated out of their minds and hearts?

11. Southern

Southern New Member

Ray Berrian,
    I have Hunt's book "What Love Is This". Have you seen the discussion in the new debate book between those two on this subject?

Also, Hopefully Ray, you do not base your oppostion to Reformed Theology/Calvinism/Doctrines of Grace because of Calvin, Luther etc.

Anyways, if you haven't read the new "Debating Calvinism" I would recommend it, if you have, what do you think about it?

In Christ