1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

automatic writing can it also be from God?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Mar 16, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I always thought that this stuff where your hand is directed by a force and you write without knowing what you are writing is occult because many occult people do this.
    But now I read in a book from a christian who shared his testimony that on one ocassion he also was led by God to do this and to write down bible verses in order to prove to a christian couple that he got the baptizm of the holy spirit. This couple was sceptical and he did not know how to prove it and then this happened and he wrote down bible verses and later on he showed it to them and they said that this must be from God cause he does not have the knowledge and he also did not have a concordance.
    This astonished me. I always thought that this stuff is occult but if God also does it then you cannot even say it's occult in general.
    What happens if a person does this under the power of God and you say: No, this stuff is occult, it's not from God.
    Does this mean you blasphemed the holy spirit if it was from God??? :eek: :(

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Satan himself quoted Scripture. The devil is not afraid to use Bible verses when he can twist them to suit his own ends. Sometimes we get this impression that a Bible verse to the Devil is like showing a cross to a vampire in one of those movies. It is the CORRECT use of the Word of God that the Devil flees from.

So your example here does not really prove that this individual's experience was actually from God.

OTOH, your description does not actually say this man had no control over his hand. I would be very skeptical if he said this. I do believe though, that God can and does bring Bible verses to our mind. He very well could have known those verses from sometime in his past. Although I don't know why God would feel the need for him to prove anything about his spirituality to anyone else.

3. standingfirminChrist

I wonder, if the man had some kind of supernatural power to do this writing by God, why did he leave the other person's presence, go home, do this writing where there were no witnesses to verify it, and then bring it to show everyone?

I would be skeptical.

4. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

I would say, without hesitation that "automatic writing is NOT of God. No way!!

Working for Jesus,

Tam

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

They were at a conference. He and his wife and this christian couple. At this conference somebody prayed for them. The christian couple was sceptical and said they will not allow a stranger to pray for them. But the man and his wife got the baptizm of the holy spirit at this christian conference. Later at home he thought about how we could prove to them that it was real and he realized he couldn't since the christian couple was much experienced. And then it happened. He heard a voice which told him to get a paper and a pencil and to sit down and then it was like his hand was moved by a force and he could not resist but he said it was not uncomfortable. And then he showed the verses to the couple and they said this has to be from God since he doesn't have the knowledge to write down this stuff.
    But I also know this man and his ministry and he is a good teacher who is used by God. So maybe God also does these things.

6. bapmom

bapmom New Member

xdisciplex,

if someone actually "gets the baptism of the Holy Ghost" they don't need anyone else to prove to them that it was real. The devil can, and often does, use these sorts of "theatrics". Im not 100% sure what you mean by they "got the baptism of the Holy Ghost".....for some reason I don't think you mean they got saved. So my assumption is that it was an emotional experience which you and others are interpreting as the Holy Ghost. Don't allow yourself to be dragged into such things.

btw, it is very faulty logic to say that just because someone doesn't have the knowledge to have done this himself than it must have been from God.

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

xdisciplex~
    I tend to agree with the others here on this one. This isn't listed as none of the gifts of the Spirit even. It must be a new device of the devil to get peoples eyes off Jesus. To be honest I had to ask someone what automatic writing was.

Also when you asked......
    What happens if a person does this under the power of God and you say: No, this stuff is occult, it's not from God.
    Does this mean you blasphemed the holy spirit if it was from God???

I guess we need to discern first if it of God by looking up scriptures as to if any man had done this and if they were of God. Then go from there.
    The best way to search this out is putting key words like "writing" in a bible search engine (I started with and sometimes still use

http://bible.crosswalk.com/

and see what is pulled up. Then study that chapter or passage to see who is doing it and the reasons they are doing it. I know for some that may sound like alot of study but thats the only way we learn. Hope this helps~

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Absoutly not. Automatic writting is an occultic pratice, and is not from God. This man is praticing the occult and trying to mix it with Christ. Stay away.
    Do you see this in scripture anywhere? No, then it is not from God.

9. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Hmmmm...
    but does this mean that anything which is not in the bible is occult? John also wrote that Jesus did many many other things which are not listed.
    And I know this man and his ministry it's allright in my opinion. Why shoud God allow him to be misled by the enemy? This makes no sense.

10. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Yes disciple, and the Mormons pull that verse out and say that that proves the Book of Mormon is written by God.

To say Jesus did many things that are not listed means nothing in the way of evidence for this. Never does God take over a person's body and forcibly cause them to write something down.

Thats nice that in your opinion this man's ministry is alright, but how is his ministry "alright" if he doesn't even know enough Bible to have written down verses on his own? WE allow OURSELVES to be misled by the enemy. God does not claim that He will insulate us from every errant thought we might have. Nor does He promise to keep us from being deceived by others. This is OUR job....through constant study of God's Word. It is OUR responsibility to keep ourselves within the truth of God's Word.

Simply because a man's ministry is good at one point does not mean that it will remain so. Ive seen too many good men get caught up in wrong thinking somewhere along their way.

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

Anyone can be decieved by the enemy, even this man. And automatic writting is an occultic pratice, like it or not, plain and simple.
    Why does God allow it? Why does God allow anythng we don't like the result of? Because,we have a choice, and we sometimes make the wrong choise. And soemtimes we don't bother to got to scripture to find out the right choices. Just like you are doing when you denfend this man's automatic writting. Taking man or God's written word. The bible forbids occultic pratices, which fall under witchcraft.