1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Avid following

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Again with the insults. You don't know me. Don't presume to know what I will or will not do.

With that said, I won't be apologizing to you. I agree with everything that Dr. Bob said. Please read his post and you'll understand why I won't be apologizing. Further, I echo Dr. Bob's sentiments about looking forward to real discussions in the future.

3. MovieProducer

MovieProducer New Member

Boy, it sure is nice to hear from you, DR. BOB! Thanks for your wise instruction, MY FRIEND, and for noticing how my posts were of the same tone as those that were posted to me!

So whatever subtle little slam you slapped on me, hey, I understand that you, in your equanimity, intended it for all those who addressed me in the same manner, right? So I don't have to worry about your sincerity, right? and your concern for my tone is the same as it is for webdog's and others, right?

OK then, we're all set, we have a clear understanding of where we all stand, right?

Great! Nice to meet you! And by the way, just how much older are you than me?

4. MovieProducer

MovieProducer New Member

You know, CC, it's insulting to me that you didn't take up for me when I was insulted. You have a double standard. You're not fair.

Why is that?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It sounds like Catholicism mixed with more paganism. Of course the KJV translators were high Anglican (that is many or most of them were).

6. standingfirminChrist

From all the explanations on that link, it does appear to be all paganism.

It is funny they give no real description of the unicorn mentioned in the Word of God.

I still think the unicorn of the Bible was never meant to be confused for that myth so many chase after.

7. MovieProducer

MovieProducer New Member

Hey! Was I right, or what!! And that's the guy who said "don't presume to know what I will or will not do." But I nailed it, didn't I??

No kidding. All I did was ask that the skeptics admit one thing -- that they don't think I can hold in my hands the exact, inerrant, perfect, complete words of God.

They don't want to talk about that, so they call me a troll instead.

How's that for a sensible discussion!

#127 MovieProducer, Jan 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  8. MovieProducer

MovieProducer New Member

<whisper>(Just in case no one has noticed, I'll just point out that to this time none of the KJV skeptics have shown me where I can find the exact, complete, inerrant, infallible words of God).

(and in case there's any doubt, I'd just like to mention that this is actually pertinent to the issue of the original post....)

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Not true. I challenged you previously with the KJV's rendering of the Greek mythological word "unicorn" and what it meant. Why would the KJV translators use such a work connected to Greek mythology? What does "unicorn" mean as it is used in the Bible?

You resort to one of two choices: ignore or mock. That is the typical KJVO response and it is immature.

Sfic is probably the first individual that I have had a decent conversation concerning this word, which I thank him for. Look over the conversation. There were no ugly words exchanged. No emotional venting. And there was some research done that brought the discussion up a notch. You would do well to follow other people's examples.

BTW, I am pro-KJV. But I recognize that no translation is perfect. There are words that could be translated better. There are even words such as "unicorn" which I would say is a mistranslation. Likewise the word Easter. There are a number of other words on my list as well. The KJV, like any other translation is just that--a translation. Every translation fall short in accuracy. Anyone who knows more than one language ought to know that when one translates from one language to another meaning is lost. It can't be done perfectly. Some idioms will never be perfectly translated into another language. This is true with the Bible as well.
    That is why it is recommended to familiarize yourself with the original languages (Hebrew and Greek), if you are serious about studying the Word of God. The NT was written in Greek and the OT in Hebrew.
    Thus when it comes to a word like "unicorn" the OT Hebrew word is "reem." Now instead of worrying about Greek mythology, one can go to a Hebrew lexicon and look up that particular word and find out that it means "wild ox." Why the KJV translators put unicorn there, we will never know.

10. standingfirminChrist

Shall I vent now, Bro? Nevermind... the moment passed.

There are some things I could vent on, but that is another topic and would probably cause retribution; so I will refrain from certain topics that many get upset over.

Not talking about you, Bro.

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

SaggyWoman and all, I'm so sorry to be hijacking this thread yet again.

You were called a troll because your posts are troll-like. Perhaps you didn't read the definition of the word "troll" that I posted for you. Maybe I should help you by pointing out where you sound like a troll.

Here's an early post of yours in this thread.

The bolding of yours is to emphasise the word and it displays an angry tone. Maybe you don't post on message boards much, but the angry tone that I hear in your post is troll-like.

Whatever? Really? Would you allow your kids to say "whatever" to you and dismiss you like that? Probably not and yet you don't have any problem doing it here.

You asked for something and you were given something, but apparently, it needed to be given to you on a silver platter and you were unwilling to look it up, so you just dismissed it again. Then you insulted your Christian brothers with your "bible whateverism" comment. Again, that's troll-like. And you continue.

More insults. There are educated people on this board that have done the research that you imply they haven't. Troll-like.

BTW, For The Record, DHK answered the "passover" question for you in post #51.

If this post isn't condescension, I don't know what is. Condescending = troll-like

Here's another insulting post, pretending that everybody here is some child that you need to correct.

Here's an insult about the education that people like Rippon and TCGreek and others have. Insults are most unbecoming of Christians and are decidedly troll-like.

And you continue to insult people.

Then, you follow it up by calling everybody here an idiot.

Some material? What's Christ-like about that phrase?

You go and insult Bitsy, who hadn't said anything near a cross word to you. I have to say that I wish I had seen that post earlier, because I would have stepped up to defend her as much as I did Filmproducer.

Here's your insult.

And yet more insults from you.

Wow, this is a long post.

Here's another one from you.

Sincerely? You call insulting people a sincere discussion? Throwing insult after insult is a sincere discussion? Besides, the people who you're insulting have been far more gracious to you than you've been. They've provided evidence and have asked pertinent questions of you, but you've completely ignored them and insisted that your questions alone must be answered.

This does highlight one of the major issues that the KJVO crowd can't seem to get a grasp on. When they holler and shout and insult people while making their arguments, they kill their own arguments. You'll self-righteously call it "contending for the faith", but I submit to you that nobody is going to listen to an argument that starts with the words "You idiot."

:laugh:

Not fair? You talk like a troll and then boo-hoo to me when I don't defend you because you're acting like what Filmproducer said you were? :laugh:

I think I've adequately shown that you're a troll. Filmproducer doesn't need me to defend her, but she's a friend and I defend my friends when they're attacked. Bitsy is quite capable as well, but she's also a friend and I only wish I had seen your insult earlier so I could have taken up a defense for her. Feel free to deduce that you are not my friend.

Don't act like a troll and you won't be called a troll.

<whisper>(Just in case you haven't noticed, you haven't answered any of the questions that have been asked of you, but continue to demand that your questions be answered.)

Finally, would you kindly explain which verse of the Bible gives you permission to insult people?

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I shoulda stayed up and not gone to bed. I knew this thread was doomed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.