1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Babababa Bad to the Bone, Naturally or Not?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by humblethinker, Aug 22, 2012.

1. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

No, not my intention, my personal conviction that "nothing" existed prior to the creative command of God, His creative fiat was the origination of all that was, perhaps I am too "shallow" I "thought" my question was rather simple and interesting to ponder. I do not "necessarily" see sin as the cause of entropy, but rather quite simply entropy was a property that God formed the created with.

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#85 percho, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
  6. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Genesis 3:22
    And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Adam did not have the knowledge of good and evil pre-fall and sinned, Jesus had the knowledge of good and evil and did not sin.

What does that mean to you?

I say
    The point I was making is Adam was never in total image of the Father and Jesus has always been!.

I did write this earlier because I thought for the longest that before the fall Adam and Jesus was in total image, but the above scripture shows that they are not Adam did not have the knowledge of good and evil and sinned, Jesus had the knowledge of good and evil and did not sinned. So when you see Jesus you see the Father and Adam was never in the total image of the Father he was either missing the knowledge of good and evil then sinned against God.

John 14

1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[Or Believe in God]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
    Jesus the Way to the Father

5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    7 If you really know me, you will know[Some manuscripts If you really knew me, you would know] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

#86 psalms109:31, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
  7. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you. The first man Adam was never intended to be the created man in the total image of God. That image was going to come through the Son of God who also was the son of Adam, the Lamb of God slain from before the first man Adam was created let alone sin. The creation of man in the total image of God would come through the resurrected Son of God, Jesus of Nazareth then we men could be created in his the resurrected image of Jesus, thus we also will be in the image of God. The first man Adam was created for this but not at that time, he like all men born of the flesh (living souls subject to death) will need to be born again.

The, "what is man," passage in Hebrews 2 explains all of this and shows the man Jesus as having received this from God his Father. Man (Adam and his children) were created to inherit everything that Jesus the Son of God has inherited. We are joint heirs with Christ, but we at this present time are only heirs, not yet inheritors.

8. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

The hardest thing to wrap our head around is God being fully man in Jesus. Jesus was given a life to Himself a free agency without this we could do nothing but the will of God, if we had no life to our self a free agency. Jesus had the will of the flesh and the Holy Spirit the will of God. The will of the flesh wanted food, wanted sleep, and did not want to die on the cross. He said not my will, but His will (the Fathers )be done. The free agency was tempted but by the power of the Holy Spirit that He relied on said not my will but your will(the Fathers) be done.

Hebrews 5:
    7 During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. 8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.

#88 psalms109:31, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
  9. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

I could probably find it but would you mind sharing a link to this information? Regarding only 'knowing' what someone believes based on how others represent him: I am highly skeptical of 'reliable representation' of someone's belief from the mouth of people who have been morally discredited, for example, John Calvin, Zwingli, Martin Luther, and many more. I base this on what I've read and to this point undrestand and acknowledge that I may have read incorrectly so I am open to and welcome correction. What I've read about these people is very damning.

10. humblethinker

I think one way that they 'could' be different than us is regarding the solidification of our character. The theoretical creature you've suggested could have been created with a settled character such that while they could technically choose independence form God they would not choose independence from God.

It seems to me that we humans do not have a solidified character and that this life is the process in which we have a part in achieving character solidification.

11. humblethinker

I agree with you.

Is it the case that it is impossible for us in an entropic universe to consider with 'mathematic objectivity' a negentropic universe? Would it make sense to propose that objectivity would require a different kind of mathematical lens than what we currently have? Would you say that prior to Adam's or Satan's sin the creation was necessarily affected by entropy or that entropy existed? Could it be the case that sin's existence altered the created reality and that mathematics simply comports to reality?

Of the two proposals below, which would you accept or maybe you would propose a different one altogether?:
    1) God created the heavens and the earth and they were 'without form, void', which is to describe them to have a high entropy. During the creative six days, God brought order out of the chaos, resulting in a universe of negentropy.
    2) God created the heavens and the earth and they were 'without form, void', which is to describe them to have a high entropy. During the creative six days, God brought order out of the chaos, resulting in a universe of low entropy.

I don't purport to have the answers... just a lot of questions. I like to talk with people who have either a high degree of certainty or at least have a greater reason to have a higher degree of certainty than i do.

#91 humblethinker, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012