1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Back to Christmas

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by jaigner, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Obviously not all, or even the majority do, but it is perfectly viable and has seen a resurgence in recent years.

It's not about bondage. It's about participating in the life of Christ every year. Since Christ is to be the center of worship, it's a beneficial practice for many people.

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I've had this discussion with DHK and he has made it very clear that if a Catholic were a christian they wouldn't be catholic. Looks like Wheaton is going liberal given over to them Papist! I bet half the staff are Jesuit spies.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You yourself say it's nothing but a man-made holiday...and bash me for celebrating a man-made holiday? Really? FYI...I don't celebrate Sol Ivicutus or the conquoring sun, nor do I attribute our Christmas lights, our Christmas tree or gift giving to any pagan god. We have the liberty to celebrate any man made holiday in any manner we so choose (birthdays, mother's day, father's day, thanksgiving, veterans day, etc.). Not participating is also your right...but please don't think you are more holy or righteous if those who don't hold to your convictions don't do things the way you do.

Sales ads and commercials are another marketing tool to get retailers in the black, I hope you have never bought anything on sale.

How am I different that Roman Catholics? I believe in salvation by grace through faith. How are you different from the Pharissee in Jesus' day besides the clothes you wear?

#63 webdog, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2010
  4. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    the Gloria Patri? What not only am I wondering about your christianityness but your american-ness!

How american is saying Gloria Patri et Felio et Spiritui Sancto secut erat in principio et nunc et semper et in secula seculorum amen? You might as well give america to those illegal papist.

5. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

That's hilarious. And completely ridiculous. According to my own theology, it would be ideal if Catholic Christians moved to a Protestant evangelical denomination, but this isn't a perfect world and I don't have all the answers. So let it be.

And Wheaton is liberal like strawberries are blue.

Wheaton actually dismissed a faculty member (not religion, I want to say lit or something) because he had converted to Catholicism. It was just a few years ago, I think.

We did have a guest lecturer from a Jesuit one time. He was very gracious and engaging.

6. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Sweet mercy, you're right! I guess I'm responsible for all the souls I've led astray.

Is it okay if we sing it in English?

7. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

LOL....you just made me fall out of my chair laughing.

At least, if you ever find a woman, she'll probably have nice white teeth.

8. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sad. Unfortunately by your post you've proven that I am indeed more holy than you. Now as I look down on your lowly state I've noted that you've added a man made tradition to a christian celebration that never was before the pagan holiday. Next I noted how you say we can celebrate any man made holiday well the bible discourages certain things like eating food offerred to other Gods. We are asked to seperate our selves from the heathen practices of those pagans around us and finally you seem to equate capitalism and the love of money with godliness when Jesus tells us you can't love both God and Mamon.
    What makes me different from the pharissees in Jesus day? 1) I'm not Jewish 2) I don't wear philacteries 3) I don't work for the Sanhedrien. 4) I eat pork frequently 5) I think italian women are hot and would not have a problem with my kids marrying one. I think those are pretty significant differences.

9. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ah hah! Caught! I'm supprised he didn't attach one of his Horis and Isis loving demons to that campus.

10. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No. Its too papist. next thing you know God fearing preachers will start wearing dresses too.

11. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is something to consider. And good breath too!

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The only thing sad is your judgmental attitude...not to mention your pride of considering yourself more holy.

I hope you didn't thank anyone yesterday for Veteran's day...they might have viewed it as you worshiping pagan gods. I also hope you never wish anyone a happy birthday or eat a thanksgiving meal. Oh...and don't wish you mother or father a happy day as you may be viewed as a hypocrite.
    Besides, I didn't realize we lived in Jerusalem to separate ourselves away from the pagans around us, and the command to be IN the world but not OF it is voided by an OT command to Israelites.

Why not take care of your own business and quit trolling on this thread...because from reading your responses that is exactly what you are doing.

13. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I in fact didn't thank anyone else yesterday. However, since I am a veteran I accepted all sorts of thanks. And the only way I can consider myself to be more holy than anyone is to have a judgemental attitude and some pride. I don't get why you sound like thats a bad thing. And I don't celebrate anyones birthday other than my own and My mother and father both deserve thanks on mothers and fathers day because they brought me into this world which is in dire need of my judgemental attitudes. And we are citizens of the New Zion and are seperate from those non kingdom members so that they may be enticed to enter after getting past my judgemental attitude of them. And Didn't Paul say you are not of this world. You are in it but not of it therefore we don't act like them?

14. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Web, I think TS is being facetious.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I sure hope that is the case.

16. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I actually think he's having a lot of fun with you.

17. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I wonder what you must think. I'm often the guy defending Catholics suggesting that they too are our brothers in the Lord despite our differences and often find that many of the times they say what we do just with different phrases and meanings from how it generally is understood. However, being around every group of Christian from Catholics to extreme fundemental baptist (ones that don't believe women should cut their hair and women should only wear dresses and hold primarily to the KJO view) to fundemantal pentecostals Or Holiness churches I can take just about any view and run with it.

18. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Oo! Ooo! Ooo! Do Nazarene for us now, please!! Pretty please!!

19. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Honestly not as familiar with Nazarine However their view that the believer must be holy subsequent to regeneration makes me think in some respects they are similar to Holiness pentecostals though the latter hold that is only prior to the second baptism of the Holy Spirit rather than being born again.

20. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

They definitely believe in the second blessing stuff.

Know who one of the most prominent Nazarenes in Christian culture is?

I'll give you a hint.

James Dobson - some have actually suggested he believes that he has received the second blessing and it without sin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.