1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Back where they belong

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by JGrubbs, Jan 2, 2006.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

For the first time since 1999 and just the second time since 1992, the Redskins are headed to the playoffs. Clinton Portis ran for 112 yards and two touchdowns in a 31-20 win over the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday as Washington (10-6) closed the regular season with its fifth straight win. The Redskins trailed 17-10 at halftime but rallied with three second-half TDs, including both of Portis' scores, to pull out the cliniching victory. Washington will visit Tampa Bay to open the postseason on Saturday, Jan 7.

Source: NFL.com

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

If only I could find some tickets to Saturdays game!!

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

They may be back where they belong, but they are not going to last for long [​IMG] They will be home watching the remainder of the playoffs soon [​IMG]

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I hope they make this weekends 5 in a row into 9 in a row! [​IMG]

5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

My wife called me this morning to tell me that she got me tickets for the game. I will be in Section 336 Row CC!

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

It was a win by the Defense, but it was still a win!! I guess Seattle's offense weren't the only ones with a bye this past week. We are heading to Seattle, then on to Charlotte for the NFC Championship! [​IMG]

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Time for a reality check here I think. If Washington can't score like they weren't able to do this weekend, then they will get wasted by Seattle.

8. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Reality Check...Tampa Bay has the #1 defense in the NFL, Washington beat Seattle once already this year, the majority of Seattle's schedule this year has been against the worst teams in the NFL.

Gibbs played very conservative offense against Tampa, our defense won the game. I am confident that we will have a more agressive offense and will beat Seattle next week!

9. PastorSBC1303

I thought Tampa would knock off Washington. But I do not think Washington has what it takes to go to Seattle and knock them off. But you never know. I do not think Seattle is as good as some think.

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

JGrubbs, you make some very good points. Seattle has played a pretty soft schedule and the Skins have beaten Seattle once.

The Skins played conservatively on offense, but the Bucs looked every bit like the #1 defense in the NFL and helped Washington look conservative. I'm not going to jump on the Redskins bandwagon, but I think they could beat Seattle. I just don't think they will.

11. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Yes, the Bucs went into the game as the #1 defense and when the game was over they were still the #1 defense! It looked like Seattle wasn't the only offense with a bye this past weekend, the Bucs shut the Skins offense down!

It was a good game, very cold in the stands, but lot's of fun!

12. PastorSBC1303

Skins just couldnt do it.

13. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Not against this Seahawks team. With the Pats gone, and it looks like the Colts will be out too, I will jump on their bandwagon.

14. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

It was a good game, but the Skins just didn't play as good as the Seahawks. I guess I will have to pull for the Panthers for the remainder of the postseason.

15. PastorSBC1303

I like Joe Gibbs and I think he has the Skins on the right track. I think they need to get a better #2 WR to compliment S. Moss, and determine what direction to go with the QB situation and they should be ok next year.