1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Badnarik Tells Delegates Libertarians Can Win

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jun 11, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would love to see Michael Badnarik join Congressman Ron Paul in the U.S. Congress. I especially like his quote about the "war" on terror and the invasion of Iraq: "we were told it was Osama bin Laden, and somewhere in the middle of a commercial break, we switched over to Saddam Hussein."

Badnarik tells delegates Libertarians can win

By Steve McVicker

It's time for the Libertarian Party to start believing that its candidates can win elections and, in doing so, seize the opportunity to "change the course of American politics," congressional candidate Michael Badnarik told party members Saturday.

In his keynote address to the state convention of about 100 delegates and supporters of the Libertarian Party of Texas, Badnarik compared the notion of sending what he called a "real Libertarian" like himself to Washington, to envisioning man in flight prior to the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk.

"Today, if you were to go out to the airport and watch one of these huge 747s coming in for a landing, appearing to hover like a hummingbird over the runway — there's a part of your brain that still says that's impossible, even as you're watching it happen," he said.

- rest at http://tinyurl.com/m9cul

#1 KenH, Jun 11, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  2. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Unfortunatrly, I think I might be better served by the Lib Party now more than the Consitution party since they sided with the IAP in Nevada.

Bummer.

No true pro lofe parties left that I know of.

At least the Lib has more clout and still want smaller gov.