1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Banks hit worldwide by US 'fraud'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Emphasis mine.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7783236.stm

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody likes being had and looks for someone else to blame.

More of the same.

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yep, blame the U.S. There's nothing new under the sun.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

All the major economies of the world and the public investments and offerings of companies have been based upon a fiat currency and a greedy gamble on futures speculation. The joke is when a system of financing and investment is already based on fraud and the people, thinking that it is a legitimate economy, have been fooled into neither recognizing the fraud and/or thinking that it be regulated to protect their interest. Sadly, its not the people who perpetuate the fraud that pay..... but all the 'smaller fish' who had hoped their investment in paper documents was a investment in tangible properties of real worth.

#4 windcatcher, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
  5. billwald

billwald New Member

Repeating myself, but when we had a "sound" money (according to metal fans) the middle class was maybe 15% of the population and the 75% working class mostly lived hand to mouth. The good old days were mostly terrible days but the serfs didn't know that anything else was possible.

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was a fascinating article in Forbes, I am pretty sure it was Forbes, over 15 years ago. In the article life on a Tennessee farm in the 1930's was described and it sounded absolutely terrible, really miserable. At the end of the article it stated that this was a description of one of the richest farmers in that county and that he was living better than most of America.

We, today, really do not realize how good we have it. And IMHO you folk born after 1960 really do not realize how good you have it. Now I am not saying this to insult anyone but I do not believe that many of the folk below the age of 55 have an accurate conception of what life was like in rural America in the 1940's ... my first memories. I cannot speak on city life as I did not grow up in a city.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Her concerns are well founded.

The biggest "Ponzi" scam going is run by the U.S governament. It's called "Social Security" and now amounts to over $ 50 Trillion of unfunded obligations.