1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BBC article about America

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Charlotte Marcel, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Charlotte Marcel

Charlotte Marcel New Member

I was in another forum that provided a link to thier story. But after reading that one, I clicked on a story that looked interesting.

What do you think about this BBC article?
    BBC Article about America

I found it alarming myself.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The article is an editorial, one person printing an opinion. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and I have no objection to editorials. Just keep in mind that this is an editorial and not a news story.

3. Charlotte Marcel

Charlotte Marcel New Member

Let me explain. I've heard things like this all my life. I guess, it was just alarming to me to see it in print in another part of the world by a news organization that is usally very credible.

I found it alarming because it's not the only place I've heard of this, and it's not a recent idea. I first started hearing about "Big Brother" when I was quite young. And the camera's on every street corner make me think that their might be some truth to it. I mean really, you can get info of any kind on anyone throught the internet. So why would it seem just one person's opinion that the goverment could be keeping files on individuals in this day and age. I used to work for the I.R.S. as an intern one summer when I was still in school, and even way back then, there were extensive files on regular people, much more than what a person claimed on their taxes by the way.

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looked fairly accurate to me, within the bounds of an opinion piece.