1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Beliefs on baptism.

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Darron Steele, Jul 26, 2006.

?
  1. Baptism is NOT linked to salvation's cause, but still commanded.

79 vote(s)
    83.2%
  2. Baptism is a specific fruit of any faith that saves us beforehand.

9 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. We are NOT saved until completed baptism.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. Baptism is entirely optional.

6 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

#21 Darron Steele, Dec 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2006
  2. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Darron,

You're posts are coming across as very hostile. Perhaps you should cast a mantle of charity to folks who have questions about the poll and offer their comments.

3. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

I am preturbed that people are disregarding the purpose of this thread and trying to hijack it into a debate thread.

Read the opening post. This thread is to correct a mischaracterization of others common in the denominations that I frequent. I do not want the message of the numbers to be lost.

This thread is also in the "FELLOWSHIP" area of the board. "DEBATE" threads are in another area. I put it here for a reason, as explained in the opening post.

I am further preturbed that even after I created a parallel debate thread for people to argue the options' truthfulness or completeness
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=35472
    they do not take the trouble to follow the link to that thread and instead still insist upon doing their arguing over here.

#23 Darron Steele, Dec 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2006
  4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Come on man, your pole is flawed and any results you mine from it are similarily flawed.

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Darron, if you want to disenfranchise people from voting, then why on earth did you post a poll in the first place?:confused:

6. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

Read the opening post. Mr. Black, I think it is very unfortunate that my desire to have statistics to help me take up for Baptists is only getting me criticized -- but not by their slanderers among the denominations I frequent.

Now, why did you not take your post to the parallel thread in the debate area, as specified and linked just three posts above? There are people posting there who have respected the purpose of this particular thread.

#26 Darron Steele, Dec 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
  7. Raindrop

Raindrop New Member

Baptism is so special and wonderful. It's one of those things that we are told to do that is also great to do. It is such a privilege.

In baptism we are saying so much, and God is saying even more. It is awesome.