1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Belong to God

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by donnA, Jan 17, 2006.

?
  1. someone who is saved, born again

90.5%
  2. someone who goes to church

9.5%
  3. neither (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I just want to see the results of this poll

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't often do a poll, so forgive me if I've gotten something wrong. I thought I had more question, but couldn't remember them.
    The second question was too long and was cut off, there rest asks what does the bible verse mean to you.
    A poll I was wondering about.
    Do you ever use the phrase 'belong to God', as in, I belong to God, or he/she belongs to God? And if so what does it mean to you?
    One of the questions references a Bibe verse, which i didn't look up, feel free if you like to post it.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thanks, the results are exactly what I expected.

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Everyone has voted the same so far. I don't use that phrase really. I say I'm a Christian, or saved or born-again mostly.
    Is this the verse you were talking about?

1 Cor. 6
    19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I chose neither for question 1. While being saved/born-again is related to "belonging to God", it would not be able capture the full meaning of what that phrase means if I use it.

Belonging to God means that I am not my own person anymore who simply does my own will. Instead, my will submits to God's will.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thanks Rachel, thats it.
    Gold Dragon, your defination of belonging to God is what I beleive it means, but it is also what I assume it means to be born again, you belong to God, you do His wil, not your own, submiting to Him. I guess we need the distinction though because there are so many who do not live that way.

6. Rachel

Rachel New Member

So true y'all.