1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Best new auto for the money

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by atestring, Apr 26, 2005.

?
  1. Lincoln Towncar

1.8%
  2. Ford Explorer

7.3%
  3. Nissan Altima

16.4%
  4. Honda Accord

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jeep cheerokee Laredo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. GMC Serra

18.2%
  7. Toyota Camry

5.5%
  8. Ford F150

3.6%
  9. Hyunda Sante Fe

47.3%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. atestring

atestring New Member

What is the best newautomobile for the money spent.

2. natters

natters New Member

I'm looking at the new VW Jetta TDI - gorgeous, fantastic car, and the diesel engine gives simply amazing fuel economy.

3. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I been checking out the KIA's.

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Camrys traditionally hold their resale value better than most!

5. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Checked out the new Kia Sorento SUV over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised, the only drawback being low gas mileage, but good safety and comfortability ratings.

6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Thats the same Kia I been looking at Wally! I also checked the gas mileage out compared with other SUV models that had the same safty ratings as the Kia and it was the best bang for the buck and the gas station. (If I'm not mistaken on the gas and safty rates? I looked at the AOL car rating for SUV's.) I always look at the safty ratings first then I go for economy. ;)

7. atestring

atestring New Member

I test drove the Hyunda Sante fe. i was surprised at the quite ride and the comfort.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have I showed you a pix of my Chevy Malibu? Real Chick magnet! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hyundais are good cars for the money. We've owned 3. They are NOT "luxury" (like carpet barely goes to edge-stripping, sound-proofing is not the greatest) but well built. And cheap!!

9. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Dr. Bob, I would not expect you to drive a luxury car. You save your $$$ for all of those luxury cruises that you take - not a bad trade-off BTW.

For the $$$ and re-sale for a car, I would recommend a Camry. Regarding an SUV, my neighbor has a Santa Fe and loves it - a good, small SUV for the money.

10. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

We just bought a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe about a month ago, with a 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty, we got a great deal on it!

11. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I bought a Suzuki Frenza for my daughter and love it. It was inexpensive, came with a base package that included things like power-locks that are activated by the key in the driver's side, cd player and radio, a/c and heat, trunk release, daylight running lights.

Power steering and power brakes.

The gas mileage is fantastic.

It came with a roadside assistant gurantee.

So far she has put 10,000 miles on it without a bit of trouble.

It was 1/2 the price of anything American made.

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Have had 3 Pontiac Bonnevilles. Over 200,000 on the 3.8 engine. Never had to replace a trans, air conditioning or anything major. Have had 2 trailblazers 2003 and now a 2005. For a midsize suv is was great.Even though I was reluctant to buy the first year it came out I was very pleased with it. I use to buy forgien cars but there is no need to now. There are some american made cars that can compete just fine with them.
    I have had 2 celica's, two supras. Great cars. But I work for GM now. [​IMG] I am not one of those who think you have to buy from what ever you company you work for though. That is eaches own personal peference. You trade 40 hours of your life for pay you should be able to buy what you want with it.

13. Kayla

Kayla New Member

I like Subarus which were not in the poll, the frame will fall off the things before the engine completely quits, my parents bought my 1987 Subaru with only one owner before them in the 90's and it still runs, the only thing we've had to replace is tires, and we're getting ready to replace a radiator, which actually radiators wise isn't that expensive. My best friend has a almost Brand-New one (since 2004) and hasn't had to replace anything, not even windshield wipers yet.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just purchased a 2005 Honda Accord LX about 2.5 weeks ago. I am enjoying it very much. I traded in my GMC Sierra which I also enjoyed very much. But I enjoy the gas mileage my Accord gets even better. [​IMG]

15. Kayla

Kayla New Member

Most likely, my dad's Honda accord gets way better gas mileage then our German Audi...But you know what all German cars are made for.

16. NateT

NateT Member

I would say the best car for the money would be a 2 to 3 year old car with low mileage. That way, you've let someone else lose ~ 40%-50% of the value of the car. It will still depreciate, but not at that rate.

17. atestring

atestring New Member

I drive a GMC Siera ,
    Most comfortable auto I have ever drove.
    Plenty room to haul things, Even though I have never used it to aul. I could If i need to.
    Great pick up and go.
    Decent mileage and looks great.
    It has My bumper sticker
    "DR. RALPH STANLEY FOR PRESIDENT."

18. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

We just purchased our second Kia back in December. The first Kia we had was a Kia Rio Cinco (the wagon) and we really needed something bigger so now we have the Kia Sedona. It's great and really afordable compared to all the other vans on the market. 5-star safety rating, 10-year/100,000 mile warranty and the lower end model is really nice.

19. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I'm down to the Accord, the Altima, or Mazda 6. Our 93 Sentra is worn out, at 300K except the engine.

20. atestring

atestring New Member

Why don;t we all get in one Accord?