1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Beyonce Promoting Satanism?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Benjamin, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    interesting........we have been calling you Benjamin,when we should have been calling you .......Powder;
    http://www.youtube.com/movie?v=Z5ds1-B2AuU&feature=mv_sr

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think so...BTW, you might want to get your polarity checked, Icon...seems very likely to me that something could be askew in your system. :thumbs:

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These two , Im referring to Jazee & Beyonce now, really should contemplate Christs condemnation about 'what does it profit you...'

Mark 8:36

King James Version (KJV)

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Dont believe they have given that any serious consideration. Why should they? These words are Jesus words!

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :applause: I can agree with you on that! My outward man is perishing:thumbs:

I am glad to hear that your daughter takes a stand for Godly thought and worldview. I am sure it warms your heart as she stands against the extreme atheistic ideas being spewed forth by the godless professors:thumbs:

5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I understand what you are trying to say, but what I'm saying is that a Beyonce who is publicly known a full-blown satan-worshiper would be much less of a danger to our young people than a non-cultish beyonce who leads men toward immorality and women toward a life centered around showing off their bodies, to the neglect of any thought about God or satan.

Our biggest threat in this world is not cultish satan worshipers.

6. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IDK, seeing some extra skin on someone (said to be one of the most popular entertainers in the U.S,) who is neutral on God doesn't seem near as problematic to me as seeing someone as popular and influencial as Beyonce promoting the practice of Satanism.

I would see Satanism as more harmful being a worship of evil in general compared the neutral lack of modesty.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember watching her Super Bowl performance and being kind of creeped out by it. There was something very offensive to my spirit about it and it wasn't merely her immodesty. I do remember the angry faces she made.

There are many points in the video that are not easily dismissed.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea...that was the cocaine

#28 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  9. 12strings

12strings Active Member

No one is neutral on God, and i'm not saying there is no validity to your allegations...I'm saying, for the majority of people who might be influenced by her...it simply doesn't matter.

For the middle-schoolers who will grow up idolizing her, copying her dress, her attitudes (angry, entitled, self-absorbed), her lifestyle...most will not be tempted to worship satan, but many will believe that he doesn't exist, and that they are good people, perhaps even feeling superior to beyonce, because they don't get involved in that "bad stuff." But they will have empty lives chasing a false fulfillment, resulting in eternity away from God.

Also, how many marraiges do you think are ruined by men becoming ensnared in Internet P*rn...and how would that compare to the number of people who become full-fledged satanists....I suspect the ratio is rather weighted in one direction.

10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I think the “matter” being worship of Satan has more potentials to negatively influence than you give it credit for and the “matter” of negative influences from immodest apparel is secondary concerning the nature of the roots from which good and evil originate.

If a person, in this case a highly popular performer doesn’t present or declare themselves as either for or against God then they are being “neutral” on the issue in the public eye; let’s not get into ambiguous semantics here. Now, you might argue that her values pertaining to apparel presents her as being against God, but you could get quite an argument from me on that concerning you drawing the line that others can’t cross (concerning cultural dress or whatever) by which you determine whether they are saved or not, or by which you consider more harmful. (Seems you are comparing the threat of lustful thoughts to be greater than the threat of being taught a false religion which involves worshiping the main adversary to God?)

True, if she were neutral/or showed no interest in the occult in front of those teenyboppers for them to idolize, BUT my concern is that Beyonce seems to be engaging in a substantial agenda of “discreetly” flaunting her worship of Satan, thereby the temptation is there and works as a tool of Satan to draw away from all the things of God by the very roots in its foundations, on which Beyonce stands.

Not sure how you get from the teenyboppers not being tempted to worship Satan (which I would contend is the danger at hand being she is not neutral on the issue in the public eye and is a strong influence) to them somehow feeling morally superior to her because they might claim to reject the “bad stuff”? These kids want to know what makes her so cool, what makes her tick and stand “above” the rest, how she got there and what is the driving force behind her. Therein, Beyonce’s influences raise interests in the ways/teachings of things (Satanism) which draws them away from the ways of God.

To reach such a conclusion, for starters you would have to assume that changes in cultural apparel lead to such perversions, also that the root of the issues behind this which destroy marriages is based on what the eye sees rather than what is in the heart, and finally, that somehow this relationship between cultural apparel and perversions which affect marriages in some way discounts my claims that a popular entertainer such as Beyonce promoting Satanism in front of influential teenyboppers is not detrimental to them having a desire to follow the ways of God. IOW’s your argument does not deductively reason toward proving its *conclusions. (*Concerning the “good fight/Jesus is the Way” - your seemingly suggesting that Beyonce’s influences pertaining to immodest apparel outweigh those influences pertaining to her following the ways of the Liar and give little credit in comparison to the negative appeal that an agenda such as that has on our most vulnerable in society who are seeking guidance in how to live their lives and what to base their values on.)

#30 Benjamin, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are you guys making such a big deal out of this? Can these people possibly be born again Christians & make their livings doing any of this.....I'd be hard pressed to believe it. But they both have searched out ways to make tons of money by deception, lies & sex .....so, if thats the case, then they are capable of anything. Guys you probably know this but we can each go into a T&A place in each of our states & find this kinda bump & grind (probably even more sexually explicit) act. They want to add that they worship the devil fine. Truly who cares. And in the end, whats the motivation----I assure you, MONEY!

12. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, my immediate reaction to discovering the likes of Beyonce’s (a very public figure with a large stage that allows her to flaunt worshiping Satan in front of “all”) agenda is concerning the threat it poses on the most vulnerable and influential in our society, our children! That she is driven by money and fame is obvious and goes without mentioning but her motives have no bearing on my concerns about the detriments she causes or the “big deal” (debate between us guys) which has been about which influences by her are more harmful to society.

I suppose I could see how a Determinist might not be interested in this fight or even give any credit or concern to the things which oppose drawing people to the ways of God as they make no difference.:rolleyes:

It seems your “big deal” is to place blame on her greed and to say there are other sources so suggest why don’t we just hold to a perfectionist fallacy and throw out and disregard the whole subject of the thread about Beyonce. Hey, don’t let the door hit you on your way out if you’re not interested…;)

BTW, there are better ways to describe an “adult dancing facility”…which also does not address the topic or the impact Beyonce may or may not have our society, her methods, or how accurate the video is about the depth of her involvement in Satanism. Try to follow along and stay on topic for a change, eh. :tongue3:

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Laugh:Yea....your a genius :smilewinkgrin: . My point is that if you raise children the correct way then none of this should be of concern to the Christian society as a whole ....but heck that I suppose would not occur to the anthropocentric prospective which glorifies humans becoming their own authority & thus act out filthy behavior.

Now the other camp however view of the world includes an awareness of the pervasiveness of sin, which corrupts every human endeavor so our focus isn't clouded by delusion. For example, your prospective of this is "Adult Dance" so you mitigate sins of vulgarity & concentrate on Devil Worship.... Right & how you....how very you! LOL!!!

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was on the Super Bowl broadcast, there was no need to leave the house. Plus you get Satanic symbolism thrown in.

So you see it as a 2 for 1 deal?

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh come on ITL....just shut it off or change the channel.

So you see it as a 2 for 1 deal?

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, the first commandment "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" including when it involves actively worshiping Satan has no more weight than "women adorn themselves in modest apparel"?

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im not a Catholic....I dont categorize sin.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Neither is Jesus, and He did in John 19:11

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    so would you ignore the full context of chapter 19 Involving Jesus being sentenced to be crucified & the interplay between Pilate, the Jews & Christ.

Do you not think that the individual who hands over his God to be crucified should not be condemned? Would this not be one of these special sins then....or is that what your trying to convey. If so , I would agree to that. Lets look....

John 19:6-11

King James Version (KJV)

6 When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him.

7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

8 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;

9 And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer.

10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?

11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I did take the context in mind. The Jews had the greater sin, which is what Jesus stated. Point is there are varying degrees of sin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.