1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible College is Un-scriptural and wrong

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, May 25, 2011.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

More than issues...this guy's a bona-fide nut case.

Thankfully, his baptistboard stint was brief. We were too "leeeeee-brl" for him.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He doesn't have issues. He has the whole subscription! :laugh:

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or lack thereof

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

That there's funny. I bet even Sanderson (his BB screenname) would laugh at that one.

OK, scratch that...dude hasn't laughed since the Carter administration. But he might smile, ever so slightly...

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that is funny! the last sentence is incorrect, but it is funny

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most churches are not started by Bible Colleges. I have no idea where he got that bit is absolutely wrong information.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah - I saw that. It's unbelievable the things this guy hangs his hat on and insists is a first degree issue.

Eh - no skin off my back. I just shake my head and walk away like I do with the Westboro nuts.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark, why are you trying to confuse him with the facts? :smilewinkgrin:

10. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Since I'm privileged to be chairman of the trustees of Mid-Continent University in Mayfield, Kentucky, I have read this thread with interest. MCU was originally named Mid-Continent Baptist Bible College.

The late President of MCBBC, Dr.O. C. Markham, loved to tell the story about his periodic visits to churches in the area. One Sunday, he arrived at a rural church to find that the pastor was away, and someone else was filling the pulpit. He knew this fella, knew that he had little use for religious education, and even less use for educated preachers. He felt that being educated just made one liberal. And he also knew that the fell would take a shot at him.

Sure enough, when the man stood up to preach, he said, "Before I get started, I want to say that I'm ignorant; I thank God that I'm ignorant (pronounced ig-nurnt) and I pray that God'll make me ignurnter and ignurnter."

"Now," turn in your Bibles to the book of Daniel. I'm gonna preach on old King Nee-buck-had-a-razor."

Dr. Markham said, "I knew he meant King Nebuchadnezzar. I also knew that God had answered his prayer. He was getting ignoranter and ignoranter."

11. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what kind of formal education did Spurgeon have? NONE.

Spurgeon missed being admitted to college because a servant girl inadvertently showed him into a different room than that of the principal who was waiting to interview him. (Later, he determined not to reapply for admission when he believed God spoke to him, “Seekest thou great things for thyself? Seek them not!”)

#31 SovereignMercy, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
  12. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Charles Spurgeon, "The Whole Machinery of Salvation", August 18, 1889:

"I learned my theology, from which I have never swerved, from an old woman who was a cook in the house where I was an usher. She could talk about the deep things of God and as I sat and heard what she had to say, as an aged Christian, of what the Lord had done for her, I learned more from her instruction than from anybody I have ever met with since! It does not require a college training to enable you to tell about Christ—some of the best workers in this Church have little enough of education, but they bring many to Christ."

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

You are absolutely right -
    In fact, right after we got out after our first hitch, I have been going to an ole army buddy for my medical care. Never been to a doctor. Funny thing, he went in to be a medic, but he accidentally check mechanic.

14. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    ??????????