1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Study and Memorization Software for Palm OS?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Baptist Believer, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recently purchased a Palm PDA to organize my life and I would like to use my Palm to support a scripture memorization program I began recently to memorize large passages of scripture. (My life goal is to memorize the Psalms and the New Testament!)

I've looked at a number of Bible study solutions for the Palm OS on the internet, but I was wondering if anyone had some real world experience and opinions they would be willing to share.

I'm interested in:

Multiple translations: At minimum, the KJV and NASB, but I am interested in any quality translation or paraphrase.
    Memorization aids: Any aids that others have found useful.
    Commentaries: Not essential, but commentaries are often useful for personal study.
    Personal notation capability: I'd love to be able to make notes of insights or items to study further that are linked to the text.
    Search capability: A fast search engine.

Any suggestions?

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I miss my Palm. I'm hoping to get a Treo soon.

Anyway, the best bible software I found for Palm is Olivetree's bible reader.

http://www.olivetree.com/

I'm not sure about memorization aids, but it does support everything else, and while not blazing fast, it is one of the fastest searches I found.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That software looks good. I've also had Laridian's software (http://www.laridian.com/palm/os_select.asp??) recommended to me. Do you know anything about it?

As far as I can determine, the best software for my needs is either a Olive Tree or Laridian package. Anyone else have an opinion or experience they would like to share?

Thanks for the assistance!! :thumbs:

4. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Treo Bible Software

James, or anyone else, do you know if the software found on that Olive Tree site works on a Treo 750? I'm getting one soon, and that site had a lot of free downloads that would be nice to use on my Treo.

Thanks for any help.