1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bibles in school?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by just-want-peace, Jan 23, 2005.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Had a Gideon to speak at our church today. He told some amazing stories of the H. S. working in todays world.

The one that really caught my attention was some other's experiences in the now defunct Soviet Union.

Without going into detail, the gist of the story is that the Gideons now have access to the KGB, through a high ranking KGB agent, AND access to the schools through a high ranking military officer to distribute the Word to any who desire it!

Just for you ACLU & Barry Lynn fans, don't you think it's pitiful that a nation that was founded on Christian faith & principles (YES it was, contrary to revisionists history) now, by law, excludes God from most public exposure, while a former atheistic government now not only allows, but encourages the bringing of God to the public sector?

All I can say is that there are going to be some mighty red faces when God asks for an explanation of such matters!

Oh!!! Just for the record, I AM NOT espousing a theocracy!!!

2. Grace

Grace New Member

My Granddad is a Gideon. I love to hear him speak. When I was in the West Indies, I saw their Gideon Headquarters. So I took a picture and brought it home for him.

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Gideons are a great organisation that we should do alot more to promote in Baptist circles!

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ben, why would us Baptists promote any group that does not have Baptist in its name!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] :D
    unless of course Dr Bob approves [​IMG] :rolleyes:

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh my goodness, I just realized that last post (see above) was my post # 666...mmmmmm

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well Salt City, I guess that says it all!!! [​IMG]