1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biblical mandate to have children?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by London 1689, Aug 24, 2007.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Agreed. And GOd just opened my wife's for #5 to come along. Hallelujah! I often wonder that if I began some method of birth control, which one of my children now with us should I have said no to? Horrible thought eh?

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I dunno, some commentators say that Leah's mandrakes in Gen 30 were intended to aid in conception.

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Praise the Lord!

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That avatar had the nerve to say someone has a goofy look?

[​IMG]

5. 4boys4joys

4boys4joys New Member

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all thy heart, lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy path.

There are so many different accounts in the Bible that go either way. God closing a womb and God sparing Moses. Each account had a purpose mandated by God for that particular situation. Yes we should study the Word of God to see if it is sin, but we should also be able to acknowledge that there are some passages of scripture that give wisdom to choices based on situation. There several different situations laid out in scripture than give enough wisdom to do what is right in the sight of our Lord.

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Is James still using his Maynard G. Krebs avatar?

[​IMG]

"Work!?!?!?!?!"

#26 npetreley, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007