1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bill Gaither endorses lesbian singer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by insuranceman, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cloud is a deceiver and false teacher. I separate from him with no less conviction than I separate from this Marsha Stevens... who frankly I'd never heard of before.

Of course, I don't follow CCM or Gaither's style of SGM.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Cloud is a deceiver and false teacher. I separate from him with no less conviction than I separate from this Marsha Stevens... who frankly I'd never heard of before.

Of course, I don't follow CCM or Gaither's style of SGM.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Scott J??? What do you think of the web page www.balmministries.com????? See??---It doesn't matter where Cloud stands when the web page itself proves beyond a shadow of doubt where Stevens stands----and the very fact that true Born Again believers MUST stand away from her!!!

3. RandR

RandR New Member

You people crack me up.

Instead of verifying that the woman is, in fact, a lesbian (which seems pretty apparent)...why has nobody bothered to verify whether it is true that Gaither "endorses" her or that Mark Lowery really said those things.

THAT is what needs verifying.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That wasn't my point.

Cloud like most false teachers will sometimes tell the truth.

I wasn't enamoured with Gaither even before this info was posted... and had never heard of this other person. Let me be brief: I would not buy from nor support Gaither, Cloud, Balm ministries, or this singer... Born again believers should avoid all of them.

BTW, I am not now nor have I ever been comfortable with CCM... it doesn't pass the smell test. They seem far too commercial and accepting of open sin, ie Amy Grant's leaving her husband for another man.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Then why don't you verify it for us!!!

I tell you what though---if I were Bill and I found out that my name is on some queer web page---and I wasn't asked to be put there----buddy---you talk about doing something about that little matter as fast as I can!!!

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Cloud is a liar, and continually demonstrates overt perversion of the Word. His perversions of scripture are well-documented. No Christian should be in league such a liar. I'm not at all surprised at which folks on this board are Cloud supporters.
    I've asked for just that. No one so far has been able to find anything. I myself have been unable to substantiate the OP claim. Given that, the OP info must be treated as rumor and gossip. I'm no Gaither fan, but Scripture forbids us from engaging in rumor and gossip, whether it's Gaither or not.

7. RandR

RandR New Member

bird,

I don't have to verify it for two reasons:
    1)I'm not one of the ones contending that Cloud's article has changed my view of Gaither or Lowery.
    2)I don't consider a three-year old picture on a website to be an "endorsement" of another person's sinful lifestyle.

If I did, I'd be e-mailing either Gaither's or Lowery's publicist for clarification.

8. standingfirminChrist

Then why don't you verify it for us!!!

I tell you what though---if I were Bill and I found out that my name is on some queer web page---and I wasn't asked to be put there----buddy---you talk about doing something about that little matter as fast as I can!!!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Amen, blackbird!

There is actually a picture on the internet showing Bill, Mark, Marsha, and her lesbian lover all together. 'Course those that think Bill could not do any wrong will say that is a doctored picture.

RR

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It seems no one is concerned with the OP likely being rumor and gossip.

10. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Cloud is a liar, and continually demonstrates overt perversion of the Word. His perversions of scripture are well-documented. No Christian should be in league such a liar. I'm not at all surprised at which folks on this board are Cloud supporters. </font>[/QUOTE]Amen. I strongly second this post.

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Just check the web page out, Johnv

12. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

Let's first verify whether the info is true or not. Anyone can get their picture taken with Bill Gaither and Mark Lowry. I've had my picture taken with dozens of SGM'rs at the annual convention ... and so have thousands of other people.

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

PJ- Love the little 'moving cartoon'.
    Ed

14. atestring

atestring New Member

AMAN To that!
    I WOULD NOT TRUST DAVID CLOUD ANYMORE THATN I WOULD TRUST THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER!

MARSHA STEVENS OWN WEBSITE I WILL TRUST

IRONICALLY I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF HER.

I HOPE THAT LESBIAN "GOSPEL" SINGERS NEVER BECOME COMMON.

[ February 23, 2006, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: atestring ]

15. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

AMAN To that! </font>[/QUOTE]Actually DeclareHim , you may be totally mistaken, here:

Personally, I'd recommend that everyone
    "except anything on wayoflife to be truth without other credible sources." And if one is going to make comments, do the same with me, or any other source. If I were to have a web site, and made any personal implications, do exactly what I've said- "EXCEPT" it, for it is here so far, - an unsubstianted allegation. Should there be one or two more sources, that are, in fact, substantive, then, and only then, is it proper to "ACCEPT" something. For now, the Biblical admonition of two or three "witnesses" has been met.

atestring, you said AMAN.
    IS AWOMAN OK, as well?
    Signed,
    Language Cop

Folks, I have to apologize for my alter-ego, 'LC'. He has this 'thing' about improper language, which sometimes comes to the surface. Unfortunately, he got up with a sore throat this AM, and is in an irritating mood.
    In His grace,
    Ed

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

All I see is a photo of the gaithers with two people. I have a picture of myself with Star Trek actor George Takei at a convention. Does that mean I'm "in league" with the homosexual lifestyle, or in any way condoning it? None whatsoever. Takei doesn't know me from Adam, and the Gaithers likely didn't know those two people who took a photo from Eve.

17. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LINK

New Years Eve, 2002 with Bill Gaither
    - by Marsha Stevens

Cindy and I went to the America West Arena in Phoenix to join 15,000 other people to hear the 5 1/2- hour Gaither Homecoming concert. All by itself, it was a wonderful evening. Funny, touching, entertaining, uplifting. There were over 30 different artists and groups and comedians, and they all stayed up by the stage singing back up for one another. I had emailed Bill Gaither ...

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The fact that this was something that allegedly occurred in 2002, and we're just hearing about it now (the OP website didn't make note of it until Jan 2006) leaves the whole thing suspect.

19. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The whole thing is suspect... and that doesn't justify any of the 3 entities in question.

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I concur with Scott J here. I'm not a Gaither fan, as I said before. But that fact doesn't detract from the whole thing being suspect, as Scott said.