1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Billick fired after 9 seasons in Baltimore

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by webdog, Dec 31, 2007.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. His players seemed to have just quit on him 4-5 weeks ago.

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

4. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I am finw with this move as long as he does not find his way to the New York Football Giants!

By the way just how many rebuilding years does a team need!

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thats only partly it. He interviewed for the Browns position in '99 (the expansion year) and said how he would love to coach the Browns, blah-blah-blah...but then dropped the bombshell that Art Modell called him last minute to interview there, and after his stop in Cleveland he would be flying to Baltimore and making "his" decision that day. The Browns said "see ya". The arrogance that a coordinator (with no head coaching experience) would be the one making the decision made me mad, and that arrogance continues on his part to this day. Nothing I detest more than pride. Blaming the officials for their loss to Cleveland in OT this year (the "Dawson bounce") was lame.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Billick definitely needed to go. Considering that he never lived up to the "offensive genius" tag that he had at Minnesota, it makes me wonder who was the real genius behind that offense? That Minnesota team was one of the best teams to never make the Super Bowl.

First, we have enough of Chris Berman on Sportscenter with the New York Football Giants. Do we really need to see that here too? :wavey:

Second, why would the Giants hire Billick? I was 100% sure that Coughlin would be fired after last season, but he's done an excellent job this season. They played great against New England and up until Manning threw the pick, I thought they were going to win.

BTW, here's a sentence you thought you'd never see. The Patriots couldn't stop Eli Manning. The kid played an excellent game. If the Giants wind up in the Super Bowl, I think they'll look back at the New England game and say that's where the Super Bowl run started. Playing like they did against such a great team should give them a lot of confidence going into the playoffs.

7. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Billick is one of the more annoying people in the NFL. He rivals Bellicheck for being a classless jerk.

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Agreed.

He would fit right in with The New York Football Giants :laugh::wavey:

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Augh! Don't you start too!!! :tonofbricks:

:laugh:

10. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Or he would fit in with the Oakland Rayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-ders. ;)

11. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Cancha' just feel the love for those B-boys, here?

Ed

12. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

It all started to go down hill for Billick when he let Trent Dilfer walk... :)