1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Billy Graham's dark secret revealed

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Jun 28, 2005.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I had no idea that Billy Graham supported abortion behind the scenes. Is this something new or has he always taken liberal and sinful positions?

Mind that I greatly repect Billy for all he has done for Christ, even I received Jesus Christ through one of his sermons, but has the fruit of this man now turned bad? If he has allowed himself to be spoiled then he must be rebuked even inspite of all the good he has done in the past. I give him credit where credit is due and rebuke where rebuke is due. Many let things slide because of the good. I don't believe that is biblical.

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/secure/cwnetwork/article.php?ArticleID=68

God Bless!

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not see a quote from Graham saying that he supported abortion or gay marriage.

Isn't it possible that he was voting the same double-standard that most Catholics in America used to vote prior to President Bush? Voting FOR a party that was morally corrupt and dissenting on those points of moral corruption but voting for them "anyway" because they thought democrates had a guns/or-butter message that was more important than the gross moral sins of child butchery or promoting gay/lesb values in America?

Sort of a "vote now" and "leave God out of it" mentality?

In Christ,

Bob

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am convinced that most denominations and conventions are corrupt and most political parties are corrupt. Anyone who is pastoring has heard the lies.

Anyone who buys gas supports Islam.

I am sure some know that W.A. Criswell of FBC Dallas believed that life began when the baby was born. It was the same with Clinton's pastor.

The Re-publicans are still allowing abortion to go on. The republicans stood against abortion in word but not deed. So where does that put them? Hypocrites?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Couric: I read, though, that you're a Democrat. Is that true?

Graham: Yes. I am.

Couric: Do you think people would be surprised to learn that? Because generally, in this day and age, Evangelical Christians are closely associated with the Republican Party.

Graham: Well, I don't know that. I've never found out who they're associated with. Locally, I'll vote one way and nationally, maybe another.

- www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8326362

There are lots of people where I live that vote Democrat locally and Republican nationally. Democrats hold the vast majority of local offices, basically unopposed by Republicans, yet my county voted for President Bush.

It goes back to the days of the solid Democrat South. National politics have changed as far as parties are concerned but not necessarily on the local level.

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Casting a vote is asking another person to represent you in matters concerning public policy making. If you know they are supporting murder and you vote for them anyway, you are supporting murder as well. If murder is an issue that doesn't take number one priority in your vote, then God help you at judgment day. No murderer has any part in the kingdom of heaven. I would say that supporting the murderers is no different than performing the murder yourself.

Not sure what you mean.

Billy doesn't know that? Where has he been?

We vote for representatives . That means who ever you vote for represents all of what you believe morally . Other issues like taxes, social security, environment, etc, have many opinions. Murder does not. It is a sin. Vote for an abortion canidate and you are voting for murder of innocent life. It is that simple. Doesn't matter if you are democrat or republican. There are pro life canidates in both camps. Find them!

God Bless!

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really don't see any point in rhetorically beating up on an 86 year old preacher will all kinds of health problems who will be going to be with Jesus in probably a few short years.

I have never known him to campaign for a candidate or to urge anyone to vote for a particular candidate in a campaign. Maybe he has voted for Democrats locally and Republicans nationally. We don't know and I don't think we ever will know.

Besides, there is nothing inherently Christian about voting for Republicans nor inherently unChristian about voting for Democrats.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree. Each party has pro life canidates run most all the time. When they don't, they can write a vote in of a person who is pro life. They never have to compromise.

God Bless!

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Fifty years ago, Democrats and Republicans were very different parties from what they are today. Even now, if you send for and read their platforms, they sound very much alike. Rev. Graham most probably registered as a Democrat back 65 years ago. Give the guy a break!

9. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Then, by your interpretation of this scripture, the Apostle Paul will not be in the kingdom of heaven.

Perhaps you are wrong then?

10. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

This may be one of the dumbest threads I've ever seen here.

Not only is it intended to slander a good man, it also ignores the fact that there are many more Democrats than are popularly believed to be, who don't support abortion.

God knows, I have issues with what Democrats believe, but if we're going to judge them, then let's at least judge them fairly.

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    THey did get the ban on PBA put in place so that is a step in the right direction.

I think the Clintons were promoting a slash and burn any-sacrifice-for-abortion policy (by contrast).

If there were a candidate to the right of the Republican party taking an even stronger position on abortion - I would vote for them.

In Christ,

Bob

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hence my note about the conflicted way that the majority of Catholics have been voting in America prior to President Bush. They seemed to be saying that there are "higher" overriding issues so that even though they view abortion and gay-agenda politics as bad -- the guns-vs-butter politics of Democrates had a higher overriding value -- higher than the value of human life and higher than the sanctity of marriage.

They were willing to sacrifice to get to that higher more noble political goal.

They use a kind of "vote now" and "leave God out of it" type of reasoning.

In Christ,

Bob

13. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I don't know that, myself.

I'm a proud Republican but it would be foolish to believe that we hold the corner on morality or that we are somehow "God's party".

I think it's ironic that you try to demonize the Democrats, and then aid and abet them in helping to carrying out one of their biggest misinformation campaigns.

There are a lot of good Christians who are Democrats. Anyone remember Reverend Joshua? Bob Casey?

Just because people of good conscience disagree doesn't make them any more or less Christian and to say so is not only foolish, but is sinful because it needlessly divides the Body of Christ.

14. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Steaver,

Not necesarrily.

Many times someone votes for the "least of two evils". In other words..."Gee, I dont agree with everything regarding either candidate, but I have more agreement...and less disagreement...with option "B" here, so I'll vote for him"

Having said that, I agree that its sad the brother Graham has come to embrace error in his later years. He has done a flip flop regarding Catholicism(he used to be very strong against it) and I have seen Him on Larry Kings prograns a few years ago say that he will not proclaim that Hindus and Buddhists are outside the reach of salvation.

(an he didnt qualify that by saying "because they might someday recieve Christ")

I'm saddened by these things much MUCH more than who he votes for politically.

God bless,

Mike

15. billwald

billwald New Member

Graham sounds better all the time!

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Personally, I don't like either party.

17. bmerr

bmerr New Member

To all,

bmerr here. Something we all need to keep in mind is 2 John 9-11.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
    10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
    11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Obviously, no political candidate from either party will be found who abides completely in the doctrine of Christ. However, we all have the obligation to vote (or bid God speed) for the candidate who best represents Biblical values.

Sadly, there are many who will vote their party, no matter what the candidate stands for. Those naming the Name of Christ are often included in this number.

It seems as if we are stuck with choosing the "lesser of two evils" in American politics. We probably always will. No politician is completely trustworthy, no matter what party they're in. remember that the word "politics" comes from two Greek words.

"Poly" - menaing "many", and

"tics" - menaing "blood sucking parasites"!

The best we can do is the best we can do.

In Christ,

bmerr

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hence my note about the conflicted way that the majority of Catholics have been voting in America prior to President Bush. They seemed to be saying that there are "higher" overriding issues so that even though they view abortion and gay-agenda politics as bad -- the guns-vs-butter politics of Democrates had a higher overriding value -- higher than the value of human life and higher than the sanctity of marriage.

They were willing to sacrifice to get to that higher more noble political goal.

They use a kind of "vote now" and "leave God out of it" type of reasoning.

The issue is not "is my priest/pastor voting democrate or Republican"!! We are not selecting spiritual leaders or a "religion" when we vote. But in the case where one side advocates murder without limit in terms of the preborn infant or advocates the destruction of marriage -- one does not ask for the tithe-records of the candidate OPPOSING that view AS if "only perfection" should be allowed to slow the pace of rampant sin.

Just stating the obvious.

In Christ,

Bob

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is the interpretation?

"... ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him ". (1 John 3:15)

Are you saying that Christians murder people?

John says, God says, they don't. If you know someone who says they are Christian yet murders someone either directly or knowingly indirectly then perhaps they are a false convert.

God Bless!

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Check again Mike, I said nothing bad about democrats. If they have embraced murder as a party then they do not need any help from me to point out their sin. They openly admit it and any Christian can blantently see it. Now what I said was that there are pro lifers in both parties, so vote for them!

God Bless!