1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biracial Marriage

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jul 31, 2007.

?
  1. Black / White

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Black / American Indian

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  3. Black / Hispanic

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. White / Hispanic

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. White /Asian

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. White / American Indian

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  7. Black / Asian

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. Asian/American Indian

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. I do have a problem with bi racial marriages.

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  10. I don't have problems with bi racial marriages.

69 vote(s)
    82.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and you can scientifically support that?

I also disagree that everyone is prejudiced. We are called to be Christ like in our sanctification. Only if you think Christ was prejudiced would your assertation hold any water, but I don't believe it does.

2. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Your post is about as non sequitur as it gets but...what's new around here? No one is arguing whether we are or are not called to be like Christ and stating the obvious only reflects your interest in preaching at someone, not responding.

Secondly, and again irrelevant, is your statement that Christ was not prejudice. While that is debatable for the sake of argument, let's say he wasn't. Well, neither did he sin but you do. Scripture deals with the fact that YOU sin by providing a remedy, not by SAYING well, Jesus didn't so YOU won't.

The fact is everyone is prejudice. Let's remove the perfect prototype, our Savior Christ which none of us are. While we strive to be like him, YOU won't always so playing games by saying "Jesus wasn't prejudice" still avoids answering the question that YOU and everyone else IS and will be prejudice. But then I noticed you are not BIG on answering the issue.

As far as the assertion that mutts are happier and healthy, I didn't make that claim, I challenged it. It is incumbent upon THAT person to provide proof of their claims.

Now, I can tell you that one of the most GENETICALLY HOMOGENEOUS people in the world (pure breeds, non-mutts) live the longest...that being Asians. In fact here, here is a link that list the longevity rates: Who Lives the Longest?

In the article (guess what?) makes clear, that Sweden, the Netherlands and Icelanders are the happiest and have some of the longest lives along with Asians. Say what? Yes, the very recessively genetic POPULATIONS that are very HOMOGENEOUS Genetically are the happiest and healthiest. Yes, that puts the smack down on the MIS-INFORMATION of that poster asserting recessive or any genetically homogeneous people are less happy and healthy than mutts when in fact they are HAPPIER and more healthy than MUTTS.

Longevity and Quality of Life were listed

Iceland
    Japan
    Sweden
    Hong Kong
    Australia (non-Aborigines)
    Switzerland
    Israel
    Canada
    Greece
    Norway
    Netherlands
    Singapore

Just of those you will discover that demographically they are markedly homogeneous, far from the claim of the poster that MUTTS are happiest and healthiest.

Also the article contains and report that Sweden, Netherlands and Iceland are the happiest. There, there is the support. But I doubt any of that will actually matter to you since sticking to the facts doesn't seem to be your forte but for those interested in the truth...there ya go.

#82 Mr.M, Aug 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007
  3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe it's a matter of semantics...but define prejudice? You make an awfully big blanket statment unsupported, btw. Prejudice is a result of culture.

Your article mentions ANYTHING about being "pure bred".

4. Cutter

Cutter New Member

For what it's worth I would like for you to consider the following verses.

First about Christ.
    Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, [thou] Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
    :23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
    :24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
    :25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
    :26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast [it] to dogs.
    :27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
    :28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great [is] thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Now what Paul said.
    Titus 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
    :11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
    :12 One of themselves, [even] a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians [are] alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
    :13 This witness is true.

Comments, please.

#84 Cutter, Aug 9, 2007
  5. Cutter

Cutter New Member

4b4j. Have I stated that bi-racial marriage is sin?

6. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Your ignorance about the demographic make up of Iceland, Sweden, Japan and Hong Kong is astoundingly naive and uninformed. You apparently really aren't interested in the truth. Do I now need to rub your nose in THOSE statistics? Eh?

Well here: Japan 99% Japanese
    Iceland 96% Norse/Celtic (that means 96% Anglo recessive)

Go do the rest of the research yourself, I doubt you will seeing it right in front of your finger tips but really you aren't interested in facts, just complaining and being too lazy to do research people like me do to support our arguments.

So far I have provided a rather extensive support COUNTERING the "Mutt" claims of another poster and like a typical troll response instead of acknowledging the facts you play more games. You want support for everything and then ignore it. That is called being a troll, a trouble maker and not someone earnestly interested in the truth and honest responses. So instead of wasting my time with people that cannot acknowledge when someone does provide extensive support, I will keep my comments in this thread to others. When you can communicate and when you do communicate more respectfully and acknowledge the corroborative facts I posted that demonstrate those with a HOMOGENEOUS population and not "Mutts" as the poster called them, when you can acknowledge that, then we will talk more.

As for other readers, you have read the facts and the facts are homogeneous populations lead in longevity, health and happiness, NOT MUTTS. In fact, Africans, commonly called blacks who have many DOMINANT genes lag behind the rest of the world in length of life and health.

#86 Mr.M, Aug 9, 2007
  7. rbell

rbell Active Member

There are other factors to consider besides the genetic "purity" contained in the country. As of late, there has been concern in Japan because the "americanized" diet they are beginning to consume is causing health problems that had previously not been present.

Many scientists attribute low saturated fat/high fish-oil/omega-3 diets to the longetivity in many oceanic nations.

So we cannot definitively say that "genetic purity" is a cause of longetivity, or that genetic heterogeny is a detractor of it. Too many factors to consider.

8. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

I never offered the thesis that genetic homogeneity was the "cause" of longevity, I cannot say the "cause". I was countering the FOOLISH and unsupported claim that "mutts" were most healthy and happiest and the articles clearly demonstrate that health, longevity and happiness are found highest in homogeneous groups. Plain and simply countering the FALSE idea that mixes are happier, healthier and live longer when the truth is homogeneous groups are happier, healthy and live longer (please read my previous posts and read the articles in the links before asking questions to me that are answered in the articles in the links, thanks). The cause for that, well who knows but my guess is since the HOMOGENEOUS groups live longest quite consistently....AHEM maybe that is a good place to start? EH>? You see the original poster claimed those with groups who were heavily populated with RECESSIVE GENES were least healthy and what do we discover, they are the MOST! Gosh, what do you know? The points was disproving her unresearched nonsense.

But anyway, you get the point and the PROPAGANDA someone posted that mutts fit this claim has been proven to be INACCURATE to state it politely.

#88 Mr.M, Aug 9, 2007
  9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah...because everybody takes great interest in knowing the demographic makeup of Iceland, Sweden, Japan and Hong Kong :laugh:
    Me thinks you have too much time on your hands.
    Why link the article, then, if that wasn't what you were trying to get at? Sounds like you are backtracking....
    If anything, your article proved that proper diet leads to a longer life...not being "pure bred" :rolleyes:

10. 4boys4joys

4boys4joys New Member

Re: Bi-racial marriage

I guess my question is how would you explain it to someone from scripture. If you were to tell them they were not financially ready, would you use the Bible to show them why as you counsel them. Just wondering what scripture may be used in this case. If you do not believe that it is sin but you hold it as an conviction then I would ask is this a Bible conviction not even a literal one but an applicational one.

#90 4boys4joys, Aug 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2007
  11. 4boys4joys

4boys4joys New Member

Question

American and French are two different races would you marry them?

German and Russian are two different races would you marry them?

12. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ah, that would be why Sweden and Japan have pretty much the highest suicide rates in the world, with Norway and the Netherlands not too far behind them then, because they're all so so happy?

Looking at your list of countries, non-aboriginal Australia is by definition a nation of immigrants from all over the world, originally British but more recently from in particular south-east Asia and Latin America. Canada is also a racial mix; even the whites are French and English in origin. Switzerland is about as mixed-race as you can get amongst white Europeans, with Catholic Germans, French Protestants, Italians and Rhaeto-Romance speakers thrown in plus a massive multi-national community in Geneva and a smaller one in Zurich. Singapore, well, where to start: Chinese, Malay, Indian, white and I could go on for quite a while there.

So, forgive me if I pay zilch attention to your 'research'.

BTW, would you marry and Englishwoman and a Welshman (two quite different races)? Or a Yorkshireman and a Lancastrian woman? Where exactly do you draw the line?

13. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

I am a devotee of "Last of the Summer Wine", a British comedy that shows on our PBS station. It is set in Yorkshire. Occasionally there are wry comments about the peculiarities of the Welsh. There must be some inside joke going on, the full extent of which I don't get. By the way, I can trace part of my paternal ancestry -- the Miles clan -- to Wales.

And my wife, though born in Somerset, grew up in Yorkshire but went to board school in Wales. So I don't know whether I am in a mixed-race marriage or not?! :laugh:

14. Matt Black

Site Supporter

I don't know about Yorkshire - v- Wales, but Yorkshire and Lancashire haven't got on since about 1455; the Pennines really are a cultural and emotional as well as a geographical divide there

15. rbell

rbell Active Member

But we still come back to this: there is absolutely no Scriptural prohibition of interracial marriages. If one's personal desires & preferences cause one to rule out dating or marrying one of another race, fine....but it's just that: preference, not a mandate from God.

16. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Correct, there is no prohibition. Likewise there is no teaching that there is some sin or shame in preferring your own race or ethnicity for marriage.

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

In complete agreement.

18. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Please show me the research you FAILED TO provide establishing that Sweden and Japan have the highest rates of suicide. Right now it appears the highest rate of suicide is in the middle east.

Secondly, you are mixing ethnic difference with racial differences, a form of ignorance I find common with people whose arguments are found wanting in the lust to be Politically Correct instead of factually accurate. And of course you are completely off course regarding the topic at hand, the claim by a poster populations that are characterized by recessive genes live the most unhealthy and miserable lives when the contrary has been demonstrated.

Finally here, here is a link from a Geoscience entry level page that states clearly, "The greatest physical and genetic diversity among humans is among the people who live in Africa today". And guess who is at the bottom of health and longevity statistics on the links I gave earlier...you guessed it Africa...the most heterogeneous (mix...mutt whatever term you all have used) continent lives the least and has the worse health.....DUH, get a clue.

Yawn....next please.

#98 Mr.M, Aug 10, 2007
  19. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Give it a break, 4b4j. Please, stop obsessing over me and my convictions. I'm not on a witness stand, but you are acting like I'm being cross examined. Check out some of the other threads and contribute there.
    There's an old saying, "what part of "NO do you not understand?"

Take into consideration what rbell said, "But we still come back to this: there is absolutely no Scriptural prohibition of interracial marriages. If one's personal desires & preferences cause one to rule out dating or marrying one of another race, fine....but it's just that: preference, not a mandate from God."

#99 Cutter, Aug 10, 2007
  20. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Er...wrong. See here (And before you say "Ha! It's Wikipedia so it must be wrong",let me point out that this is backed up by WHO stats). From this you will see that the Middle East does not rank highest in the league but in fact the "white homogenous ethnic" groups such as Russians, Lithuanians, Latvians and, yes, Swedes and Japanese are pretty high up there too

Please explain for the benefit of us all what you consider to be the difference between racial and ethnic differences. I would hazard a guess that for you it's about skin colour but I would be very happy to be disabused by you of that notion.
    I think you'll find that has far more to do with post-colonial violence in that continent than biology.