1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Birth Certificate Found

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by windcatcher, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure why the Obama team has not released the original birth certificate. However I'm not sure that releasing the original now would do him any good. For me, and I think for most people, the certified copy is more than enough.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People pay attention. Obama has not released the long form. Hawaii had a habit of issuing BC to people not actually born in state. The question here is not the original but the long form which would indicate the place of birth. Obama is spending untold hours and money defending not releasing the long form. Why? I have no idea whether he is eligible or not. But his defense of this matter is what brings him into suspicion. He is not simply ignoring the matter. He is taking pro-active steps to keep from releasing the long form.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The certified copy released by the State of Hawaii has the place of birth being Honolulu. For me, that ends the story. Unless, of course, someone can prove that the State of Hawaii forged the certififed copy of his birth certificate. I have a hard time believing that happened.

Personally I think this is a distraction from the real issues that President Obama is affecting. From abortion, to big government, to health care, his administration is doing damage that we will live with for years. That is what we should be focused on. This birth certificate issue is a baseless distraction.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama needs to be distracted from those issues as he is on the wrong and immoral side of everyone of them. Setting that aside this is no small issue and the truth remains he could bring all this to an end in a moment by releasing the long form instead of fighting to have to do that. There is no reasonable explanation for it.

5. Petrabilt

Petrabilt New Member

Cannot believe this, I thought this was put to rest from the last go round

I AGREE!

maybe this will help to those who are in the middle or on the sidelines, for the hard core I am not so sure.

Things move fast in Congress and, in this case, even faster as expected as the resolution I wrote about earlier today noting President Obama’s birth as part of a recognition of Hawaii’s 50th anniversary of statehood passed unanimously:
    (Washington, DC) - The U.S. House today gave unanimous approval to a resolution recognizing and celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the entry of Hawaii into the Union as the 50th State. The resolution was introduced by Rep. Neil Abercrombie and cosponsored by Rep. Mazie K. Hirono.
    The actual anniversary date for Hawaii’s entry into the union is August 21st, however Congress will not be in session, so the resolution was scheduled for a vote of the House today. Senator Daniel Inouye will introduce a similar resolution in the Senate tomorrow, cosponsored by Daniel K. Akaka.
    The text of the resolution is here, and says in relevant part:
    RESOLUTION
    Recognizing and celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the entry of Hawaii into the Union as the 50th State.
    Whereas August 21, 2009, marks the 50th Anniversary of President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s signing of Proclamation 3309, which admitted Hawaii into the Union in compliance with the Hawaii Admission Act, enacted by the United States Congress on March 18, 1959;
    Whereas Hawaii is `a place like no other, with a people like no other’ and bridges the mainland United States to the Asia-Pacific region;
    Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961;
    The final vote was 378-0, with 55 Representatives (35 Democrats and 20 Republicans not voting)

blessings to all on a quick break from car hauling
    praise the Lord I think the economy is coming back!

Petrabilt

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama can end the distraction easily and immediately.

Instead he has spent nearly a million dollars keeping from it.

Why?

He is the one responsible for the "distraction".

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This should have been settled before the election. So lets ask ourselves, what will we gain if the birth certificate is proven false, President Biden? Smooth move.

[​IMG]

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What we will have gained is that people will understand the the constitution is the standard and it is not to be usurped. If this went left unaddressed and he was not qualified it would be tragic.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe that was the plan - as Biden probably couldn't have won by himself - as you know he is a grad of the University in the Salt City:tonofbricks:

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may very well be true. But at this point he gains nothing from releasing the original. After all, most people who currently don't think he was American born are not going to change their minds if the original were released. Also there is the simple fact that most Americans don't see this as a major problem/issue. Therefore he is under no real political pressure to release the original. I would see it is as a major issue if there were any real reason to doubt he was American born. However as I have pointed out, the evidence from the State of Hawaii suggests there is no reason for me to doubt he was American born.

For me, the certified copy will do. Now let's move on to important issues like protecting this country from President Obama's big government agenda.

#30 Martin, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
  11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    On a more serious note, I tend to believe BO is an Amearician Citizen, but I think he is hiding something else on his birth certificate.

By the way, did you know that a military DD 214 (separation from active duty) has a long and short form. There is info on the "tear off" part that employers are prohibited from requiring the prospect to show them.

12. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Martin sez:
    Martin, you usually offer some pretty sane observations, but this is a definite exception. The way the media was/is in his back-pocket, they would never have looked for ANYTHING that would shade the "0" even a tinge of gray; much less reported it if they did have the info.

13. alatide

alatide New Member

Did you ever lose your original birth certificate or never had it? I did and needed one to get a passport. What this is saying is if Obama did that he couldn't get the original. Period. What he would get is exactly what he has provided, a live birth certification. Get it?

14. targus

targus New Member

Speculation at best.

Can you please provide your proof that Obama tried but could not get his original long form birth certificate?

How about his college records - was he unable to get those as well?

15. alatide

alatide New Member

Hey, I'd love to see G. Bush's college records. More than that, I'd love to see his military record. Did he ever provide that when people asked why he just wasn't around for a long period when he was a member of the National Guard. I call that being AWOL during war time. What would you call it?

16. targus

targus New Member

Off topic and non-responsive.

You made the statement that Obama had tried but was unable to obtain his birth certificate.

Please show your proof or we will know that you are only making this up.

(I think that this is pretty close to the line that I recall you pulling on others several times before.)

17. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The crazies are giving the world a lot of laughs ... laughs at their stupidity and bumbling efforts.

This reminds me of those far out people who refuse to believe the holocaust occurred regardless of the evidence shown them. The "birthers" will never believe Obama is a natural born citizen regardless of what is shown.

#37 Crabtownboy, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
  18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The state of Hawaii has their original and have said they will release it to Obama if he askes for it.

alatide, the troll, is digging his hole deeper.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try to keep up.

Your "discovery" has already been discussed, acknowledged and settled.

20. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

As far as 'reasonable' is concerned........ I can only see one reason for Obama's sealing his records and not demanding and releasing a copy of the long form certification of live birth.............

Because it doesn't exist.

Hawaii allowed people not born or without proof of being born there to have their births declared there.... as well as provided documentation for live births within the state .....which, unquestionably, would qualify for more than 'reasonable purposes' to include running for president.

As for the release of his school records and transcripts....... People .....are you really so stupid as to believe we're concerned about the courses he took or his grades? Such records also contain either corraborating documentation regarding declarations or proof of identity with information regarding the nationality or citizenship, place of birth.... and similar information as well as name and aliases. The only reasons to seal such from public interest in a case this big is because there is something to hide.

Certainly the President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama, doesn't believe he is NOW eligible for IDENTITY THEIFT?