1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BJU offers condolences to the Virginia Tech family

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Squire Robertsson, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

After the love they showed to the individuals in Soulforce by feeding them as they demonstrated, and now this, it looks like BJU is seeing the need to reach and live in the world, while not being of that world.

Kudos to the decision makers.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

BJU has a long history of being active in the community through community service projects, outreach, and other avenues. This is just another step in a long line of things.

5. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Consistently compassionate

I do not see this as a change but rather a continued attitude that has always been at BJU. When Toccoa Falls Bible College was devastated by the dam burst and flood, BJU sent not only condolences but the school responded immediately and generously with supplies, equipment and money to help.

Yes, I do know about Dr. Bob, Jr.'s statement regarding the Kent State shootings. I was there and heard it from his lips. It was not as commonly reported. His statement was taken out of context, distorted and misconstrued into something other than what he intended. It has maliciously been used to vilify and discredit both Dr. Bob and BJU.

BJU is consistently compassionate toward those in advese circumstances but on the other hand they are not afraid to disagree with you and say so.

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Demonstrating what it means to be Christian in a chaotic world. A great gesture, indeed!

God bless BJU.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sorry lads, I just don't see where I implied that this was a "change". It was meant in praise of BJU, sorry it got turned around to imply something other.

8. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

This wording looked like an implication that they were not previously seeing the need. No harm ...