1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Book lovers here!

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by 2BHizown, Oct 15, 2006.

1. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

You likely already know this but since its new to me and so much fun I'll say it anyway.
    You can go to librarything.com and catalogue all your books for free with a lot of other little perks!

2. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Interesting! But if I were to use it for my books it would cost quite a lot ... I have about 3000, and my wife has about 2000.

I use Wen Software's Book Library software. If you enter an ISBN, it will search the Library of Congress, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, et al, and will download a good deal of information. In order to get the Dewey Decimal Number, however, you have to make a second search on the Library of Congress site.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recommend, READERWARE [LINK]; a top of the line personal library manager (cost ~$40).
    You can scan in the ISBN.

Works like a professional library, check in a book and check out a book, provides reminders for those that have been out too long.

There is also a program for music and video sources.

Try it for free.

Rob

#3 Deacon, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2006