1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Book recommend in this political climate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ReformedBaptist, Sep 6, 2008.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I am currently reading a book called "Christianity and the Constitution" by John Eidsmoe. I recommend this book to everyone who has an interest in the beliefs and ideals of our founding fathers and what principle beliefs led them to make laws and establish the constitution of this nation.

For those, like me, who are sick and tired of hearing the mantra that our founding fathers were all "deists" this book will provide sourced evidence that this belief is not founded on truth. America has a fundamental Christian heritage, NOT a deistic one. Eidsmoe sufficiently proves this from the writings of the founders themselves.

Even those founders whose Christianity could be questioned (and there is a small few) show by their own writings the influence of Christianity on their lives and policy making.

So far I am left with a greater appreciation and respect for the founders of America. I am angered at the political self-interest of modern policy makers and the blurring of the separation of powers in our country today. I am emboldened to resist policies and laws our government establishes or tries to pass that is expressly againt Divine and/or Natural Law. I am encouraged to pray that our Lord will raise up more Christian lawmakers, senators, presidents, judges, lawyers, et.

I have actually considered getting a law degree myself.

RB