1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Books on Dispensational Truth.

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Steven m., Jan 18, 2003.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

The church is the body of Christ which is made up of all Spirit baptized believers of this age. Since the initiatory rite of the church is Spirit Baptism (1 Cor 12:13), then there can be no church when there is no Spirit baptism. (FTR, Spirit baptism was non-existent in the OT and future in the gospels). Since Christ is the head of the church, there can be church when there is no head. Thus the church cannot begin until after his death burial and resurrection.

When we look throughout the New Testament we can find that God's Church is made of God's: ... The similarity of all of these synonymns for people who make up the church is this:

They are all found throughout the OLD TESTAMENT!![/quote][/qb]We could do better than that. According to your line of thinking, Ezekiel must be Christ since both are called the Son of Man. Jesus' earthly father was the second in command in Egypt (he was just really old).

I think you can already see the problem. The issue is not, "Are the same words used to describe something?" The issue is, "Are the words used describing the same thing?" The answer, in this respect is "No."

The text tells us other wise. The Bible makes distinctions between Israel and the church and we, as good exegetes, must honor those distinctions regardless of what it does to our system.

2. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Apostle Paul said,

"Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; and were ALL baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the SAME spiritual meat; And did ALL drink the SAME spiritual drink; for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." - 1 Corinthians 10:1-4.

During in the wilderness, people were with Moses, they followed Jesus Christ, He is the rock. They do have faith on Christ. Christ is God.

Clearly, all Old Testament saints are part of the Church. Because they put faith on Christ, same as we have faith in Christ - same God.

Church means, called out. Abraham was called out by God. Same as we are called out from the world -2 Peter 2:9 "...him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:

2 Peter 2:9 fulfilled with Exodus 19:5-6.

Both Old Testament and New Testament saints are God's chosen people, and an holy nation through Jesus Christ- ONE family of God.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

3. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Apostle Paul said,

"Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; and were ALL baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the SAME spiritual meat; And did ALL drink the SAME spiritual drink; for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." - 1 Corinthians 10:1-4.

During in the wilderness, people were with Moses, they followed Jesus Christ, He is the rock. They do have faith on Christ. Christ is God.

Clearly, all Old Testament saints are part of the Church. Because they put faith on Christ, same as we have faith in Christ - same God.

Church means, called out. Abraham was called out by God. Same as we are called out from the world -2 Peter 2:9 "...him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:

2 Peter 2:9 fulfilled with Exodus 19:5-6.

Both Old Testament and New Testament saints are God's chosen people, and an holy nation through Jesus Christ- ONE family of God.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

4. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Excuse me, my computer still have problem while posting. I do not to mean post it same twice. Please delete this post. Thanks.