1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Born Again" in John Piper's new book "Finally Alive"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by annsni, Feb 17, 2009.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is true but there is a big difference in the heart of a believer over an unbeliever, IMO. One where we KNOW what's right and wrong - and as my pastor says "know it in our knower". Of course we still sin but with the Holy Spirit inside us, we are convicted of our sin rather than comfortably living in it. We also now have a newfound love for fellow believers, desire the Word of God and begin to grow in the grace and the knowledge of Him. I know there was a difference in me even at age 7 and I've seen it in each of my children. So while "new" doesn't mean we won't sin or can't sin, that sin has a totally different affect on us than when we were "old".

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

True, but the lost live in continual pratice of that sin, is it ok for christians, have they no power of the Holy Spirit to obey God, does the indwelling Holy Spirit make no difference in their lives, that they would live a life in the pratice of obedience? Which in no means they do not sin, but that they no longer live in slavery to it. If they still don't mind their sin, then how can they be new.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

what she said