1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Boycott the April DAY of SILENCE!

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Mar 5, 2008.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

This pro-homosexual day communicates clear (and false) messages to ALL students in the school that: homosexuality is a worthy lifestyle; that it has few or no risks; that some people are "born" homosexual, including students; and that those who oppose this behavior are hateful and uninformed.

We do NOT agree. The Day of Silence is, sadly, a day of deception.The facts do not support the implications noted above. Responsible parents and communities will oppose this message of corruption and well-informed schools that really care about kids will never allow this nonsense to take place on the school campus.

Note: Please pray that on all sides of this issue, people treat each other with civility and our schools remain peaceful during the Day of Silence, the Day of Truth, and in the weeks that follow. The Day of Silence is very divisive, yet we must remain civilized while hopefully bringing it to a halt.

CLICK HERE
    TO SEE THE PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS IN YOUR STATE

By www.missionamerica.com

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for that post.:thumbs:

3. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

I noticed at the top of the page that there is an ad for "Gay and lesbian - dating just for women".
    and another one that says "View Profiles of Gay Muscle Singles Meet Athletic Men"
    Does the Baptist Board have any controll over these ads? I understand that these ads automaticly pop up based on the words in the posts but I would hope that someone would be able to block objectionable ads.

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

AndrewT, the owner, is the only one who can block inappropriate ads. Please get the URL of the ad and PM it to him.

Thanks,
    §ue

5. Joe

Joe New Member

The day is Friday, April 25, 2008

Thanks Sue. Our son's high school kids participate, but it's not listed. Even if your school isn't listed, you may want to keep your kids home from school that day.

DO NOT excuse your children, make sure you tell the school the truth because the schools get $ for each kid's excused. The less excused absences, the less the $ which is something the school WILL care about.

Your children's grades may suffer because it's an unexcused absense. The kids with good grades should be fine, but the teens who may be failing might want to attend.

#5 Joe, Mar 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2008