1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brainwashed by Faust?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by npetreley, Aug 11, 2007.

1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

First, thought for the day: No matter what the ME wacko doctrine says, it's a done deal:

Now, on to the point:

I was reading some "rebuttals to the rebuttals" by Joey Faust. The most striking thing about his writing is that it is saturated with the same twisted reasoning by innuendo and implication that you will see in all of the ME defender posts here. Here's a snippet from Faust's rebuttal to the objection that some of Christ's body will spend 1,000 years in hell.

Notice that Faust does not answer the rebuttal at all. He ignores the issue of the "body" and tries to justify his bizarre theology by jumping to an unrelated scripture about cutting off branches from the vine.

Furthermore, he never even tries to support the idea that the branches which are cut off are believers. He simply assumes it, and then pretends that his (false) assumption supports the idea that parts of Christ's body will spend 1,000 years in eternal fire.

Faust never even considers the fact that the illustration of the vine may have nothing to do with the fate of believers. In fact, any honest student of the Bible will realize immediately that the illustration of the vine is talking about the fact that Jews do not have an automatic ticket for salvation just by virtue of the fact that they are Jews.

Even furthermore (if such an expression exists), he ignores these simple words: "If a man abide not in me". If a man does not abide in Christ (if he does not live in Christ), then he is not part of the body OR the vine.

My point is not that this reasoning is so flawed, although it is. My point is also not that his use of scripture so invalid, although it is. My point is that all of the twisted reasoning you read from the ME advocates on Baptist Board is EXACTLY like the twisted reasoning of Faust. It seems as if Faust has somehow managed to brainwash people into using the same twilight zone approach to scripture as he does. Quite honestly, it smacks of a cult - one person takes a pyschadelic view of scripture and then brainwashes his followers, after which people go out and preach this "truth" using the same twisted techniques.

Here is Faust's web site. See the tragedy for yourself.

http://www.kingdombaptist.org/kb2/index.cfm?filename=sermons.cfm

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Does he say where he gets his idiotic notion that the casting away will be for 1000 years.

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I haven't seen him address that, but I assume he does somewhere. I've seen the ME folks here address it, however twisted and unbelievable their reasoning may be.

4. npetreley

npetreley New Member

It just occurred to me - I wonder if Faust is his real name, or if he adopted it in honor of the opera character?

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

6. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

and "brainwashed" by

Robert Govett
    SS Craig
    AE Wilson
    Watchman Nee
    RE Neighbour
    GH Pember
    GH Lang
    GH Peters
    JA Seiss
    WF Roadhouse
    Hudson Taylor
    Erich Sauer

I love Joey, but He is not smart enough to come up with this on his own, nor stupid enough to teach it without shoulders to stand on.

The most ironic thing about you who have obviously not ever read a single page of his book is, that if you had read it you would know that at least half of the book is devoted to documenting who taught the ME doctrine historically.

I have books by every one on this list (and many more) on my shelf and can prove that, like many others, I was "brainwashed" long before Joey's book came out.

7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Yikes! When I visited that site, my monitor turned itself around 360 degrees and then spit up pea soup all over my keyboard.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Ever heard of doctrines of demons?

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

That's why I thought of the opera character. In the opera, Faust condemns all that is good and makes a deal with the devil.

10. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Yep . . . everyone gets to rule and reign with Christ because they were saved despite how they live. That would be one. Or here's another one. All saved people will be a part of the bride of Christ. How about all your sins are forgiven the very moment you are saved. Or you will not be held accountable for your actions in this life. How about there is no condemnation for the saved even if they live a life of rebellion.

There's just a few.

11. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Next you'll be trying to convince us that this isn't a regular occurrence in your household.:rolleyes: I doubt it has anything to do with whatever site you were visiting.