1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Branson MO

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Dr. Bob, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Taking the bride for a week r/r. Flying into S'field and renting car. NO reservations yet for motel, shows, etc (limited mobility and not carnival type folks)

SO . .

Looking for good quality, quiet accommodation (with indoor pool and free WIFI) AND for good shows/activities.

We know the Hugh's Brothers so want their show for sure. And other than that, never been to the tourist trap and want to hit at least 6 other "attractions".

First week in October so consider the weather, too.

HELP!!

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Dr. Bob,

You may consider staying here as it is nice and scenic and only 10 minutes away from the hustle and bustle and chaos of Branson. I hear 'The Worman House' inside the Lodge has good food. Also check out the Branson Landing area.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the weather, it stays fairly warm around here well into October and typically it is still hot and humid. Thanksgiving day it is usually warm enough to sit outside.

There are lots of shows to choose from and you'll be bombarded with information once you get there. Have fun down there Dr. Bob. We're right in Springfield so we know a little about the area.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Bob, I've always loved how you've called your wife "the bride" all these years. It speaks very highly of you.

I would suggest that you don't miss the Shoji Tabuchi show. He's a gifted violinist that play a wide variety of genres of music with other musicians and dancers. His wife and daughter perform too as well as a host of others.

It's a wonderful family-oriented and highly entertaining show.

Plus, it's worth it just to see the men's bathroom and the ladies bathroom. I guarantee you've never seen anything like these rooms in your life. They are bigger than some small houses and are a big attraction. The men's bathroom has a pool table in it!

But his show is highly worth the price of admission.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Unto the Hills.
    Shoji Tabuchi

5. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Whenever we have visited Branson ( which we love) we have stayed in Econlodge . Have a lovely r/r :)