1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Broadus Book Project Update

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, May 10, 2008.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To whomever has an ear:

The Broadus Book Project is entitled: John A. Broadus: A Living Legacy. It is being printed by B & H on or around the first part of May 08.

The ISBN # is: 978-0-8054-4738-5.

It should be released on or around Aug 1, 08, if the dates given to me by my editor at B & H are still good? And I have no reason to doubt them.

An attendant issue: There will be a Symposium at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary on Sept 8 & 9. All (to my knowledge) of the contributors will give academic papers from their chapters at the meeting.

This will be in conjunction with the Sesquicentennial of Southern Seminary. It is "kinda" "sorta" a kickoff event for the anniversary as I understand it.

Email me (PM) or post questions on the BB. I will be watching for responses.

FWIW!

"That is all!":thumbs:

2. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Update

To all who have an ear:

I have, just in the last week, received my advanced copy of John A. Broadus: A Living Legacy.:thumbs:

This is FYI!

"That is all!"

3. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Broadus Update

Hello all:

We have just gotten back from a mission's trip to Montana. Now who says Calvinists do not do missions & evangelism?:laugh:

Anyway, I was contacted by my connection at SBTS. And they have decided NOT TO DO the Broadus Symposium with the contributors to John A. Broadus: A Living Legacy as planned. This is FYI!

However, I just this afternoon talked to my editor at B & H and he said the Broadus volume is due out any day. Look for it, buy it, read it, and pass it on along. We hope it makes a contribution to Christian Thought and the cause of Christ.

"That is all!"

4. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Awesome. Will be buying ASAP

6. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Thanks for the link. I have added it to my wish list and will try and be able to afford it :)

7. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

The book looks terrific! Congratulations, Rhet.

Tom

8. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Broadus Project Update

To all who have an ear and an interest:

The book John A. Broadus: A Living Legacy is now showing up on Amazon. It was advertised at a 32 percent off even before it is released. It is due for release on Aug 1.

FYI!

"That is all!"

9. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks for the discount :) I will gladly take a look at it.

10. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    John A. Broadus: A Living Legacy Update

To all who have an ear:

The Broadus volume: John A. Broadus: A Living Legacym, is now on the shelves at the Lifeway bookstore on campus at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville. It is also on Amazon. com.

I hope all of you will at least look at the work. We believe it will make a contribution to knowledge of one of The Southern Seminary founders and the History of the SBC in general. And above all, we hope it brings honor and Glory to our Lord amonst His people known as Southern Baptist and to the broader Evangelical community.

Stay tuned for the latest iteration of work that we hope will be out in a about a year from now.:laugh:

More to follow.:thumbs:

"That is all!"

11. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Additional Broadus Volume Update

To all who have an ear (and any who might be interested in The Southern Baptist Convention, Southern Baptist History, Baptist History of the 19th Century, The founding of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, et al):

The John A. Broadus: A Living Legacy volume is out. I need some help from each and everyone of you who will purchase it. If you can send me a PM or email via the BB, I can forward this information on to Broadman & Holman Academic so we can tell how wide the circulation is. It will be a great help to us, and let us know if there is anything else we can do to get it moving, or to see what we have been doing is working.

The ISBN # is 978 0 8054 4738 5.

Your help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any and every consideration.:thumbs:

"That is all!"