1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Broncos vs. Jets: Tebow Runs for Late TD

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by mandym, Nov 17, 2011.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

The point is I am not a female. It is just a username consisting of basically initials.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The bar set for him was low, so for him to surpass it wasn't that hard. Way too many NFL pundits graded him with a sixth of seventh round grade. The head coach who drafted him is now the offensive cordinator in St. Louis.

Like I have stated MANY times, he is a good leader. It's just that he can not continue to take the pounding he has taken, and keep this up.

3. mandym

mandym New Member

You can't know that. Mere speculation

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Do you actually watch football? I ask this because you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Tebow has a run last option if there is nothing there? Wrong. That's ridiculous and not even close to truth.

Fox admitted that he had to dumb down the play book because he said "tebow can't do that other ______ ." It's a basic college option offense.

So, no, you're yet again wrong and Convicted1 isn't going by mere speculation.

5. mandym

mandym New Member

You are talking about two different things.

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yes, the two different things you are wrong about.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well, his stats speak for themselves.

Over time, he may improve into the prototypical pocket passing QB, and prove all the nay sayers wrong. If he proves me wrong, I will readily admit it.

8. Walguy

Walguy Member

They certainly do. A 5-1 record as a starting QB. In the end that's the only stat that matters.

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I agree with those stats. However, the NFL is an ever evolving league, and just as soon as something seems to be unstoppable, the other teams devise schemes and thwart it. Eventually they will put a stop to the "wishbone" that the Donks run. If I were a DC, I would put nine in the box, and force Tebow's arm to beat me. I have a feeling he couldn't.

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm going to the game tomorrow (at Minnesota). Going to get a first hand look at Tebowmania. I wonder if there are any other players on the Broncos? I haven't heard anybody else's name used in connection with the Broncos for weeks. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

His passing stats are not bad? How can you possibly say this? It's not a wrongheaded assumption to say that he cannot pass. He can't. This has been proven so many times we shouldn't even be wondering whether it's true. It should be an accepted fact.

This season, Tebow has 65 completions in 143 attempts for 865 yards. That's a completion percentage of 45% and he's thrown for an average of 145 yards per game. These are not just bad stats, they're horrendous.

Tebow is a fantastic running QB, but he is not a good passing QB. Time will tell if defenses can catch up to the Donkeys offense.

12. mandym

mandym New Member

People around here seem to get emotional and not read posts with clear comprehension. Go back and read my post.

Not sure why people are so emotional over tearing down Tebow. Sad.

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

What are you talking about? I'm not emotional, I simply don't understand how you can possibly say his passing stats are not bad. I read your post. It's pretty clear what you said.

45% completion percentage is bad.
    145 yards passing per game is bad.

How, exactly, are these passing stats "not bad"?

And when did stating a fact become "tearing somebody down"?

And with this, I'm out of this conversation. You clearly don't know much about football and it's a waste of time to continue this.

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He had a good game vs. the Vikings today. 10 of 15 completions for 202 yards and 2 TD's. Keep in mind that the Vikings passing defense is ranked #29 in the league. Also, all three of their starting cornerbacks are out, as well as one of their second-stringers. They are starting one of their 3rd string cornerbacks and one of their second string safeties.

Not counting today's stats, (they're not posted yet) here are Tebow's position among QB's for various passing stats.

QB rating= 80.5, 20th best in the league

Yards per attempt = 5.96, 33rd best in the league

Completion percentage = 45.5%, 34th best in league

Yards per game (players with more than 100 attempts)= 95.5, 39th best in league

Basically he's the 34th best passer in a league with 32 teams. I would say that is BAD.

#34 InTheLight, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
  15. Walguy

Walguy Member

On the other hand, in 4 of his last 5 games his QB rating has been over 90, with 2 of those over 100, and today's being almost 150. He's getting better every week. Keep in mind that he is only a rookie after all! And once again, I remind you of his record as a starter, which is now 6-1. I don't see how anyone can say that someone who has won 86% of his starts is a BAD quarterback!

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say he was bad, I said he's got bad passing stats.

17. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Sometimes the sum of the parts exceeds the individual stats, especially when one of the "parts" is a gifted leader that can pull increased performances from all the rest of the parts.

18. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tebows passing rating after the Minnesota game.

HELLO????

GB2 - God Bless and Go Broncos!

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was at the game and Tebow looked like a normal pocket passer. Again, it helps that the Vikings secondary are playing guys they found on the street since four of their starting defensive backs are out.

Kevin Williams astutely noted to reporters following Sunday's loss, "Shoot, you guys might have been able to hit those receivers."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/135068998.html

Let's see what happens in the next few weeks. Hopefully he can build on his performance and become a better passer.

20. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I'm a believer. Simply incredible.