1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush: huge increases in funding for Planned Parenthood!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Pennsylvania Jim, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Which shows how much you know about American politics and American Legislative Clout.

It's Called Congressional Pork and until you and I stand up on our hind legs and deal decisively with our local representatives and senators it ain't gonna change.

Why blame everything on the President when the system has worked like this since day one?

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

You assume that I only blame the President. :(

I call my Congressman weekly, I have contacted every local, state and federal candidate on my ballot before deciding who to vote for in this election. When I called my Congressman to complain about him voting for the largest "pork" bill in US history, he thought it would make me feel better if I knew he brought millions of "pork" to our local community. I let him know that if that is how he "protects and defends" the US Constitution, then I would not be voting for him again.

I would like to see a President who will refuse to sign a bill, even if it means the federal government shuts down for a while, in order to send a message to Congress and the American people that he will uphold his oath to protect and defend the US Constitution.

3. pastorjeff

pastorjeff New Member

Unfortunatelly I don't think it would shut down. If the Pres. decides to veto or not sign a bill or budget proposal, what will they use? The existing one which still gives money to abortion. I had no clue about this other candidate and I'm sure many other Christians don't either. Problem is. those who may have voted for Bush will probebly take election deciding votes away from him. my conscience is clear with Bush. He is a man of God, inperfections and all

4. Monergist

Monergist New Member

How is it possible to support Bush this way without justifying his moral compromises by the means of incrementalism?

5. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

How is it possible to support Bush this way without justifying his moral compromises by the means of incrementalism? </font>[/QUOTE]Look in the mirror - Bush is a human being just like we all are.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I just looked in the mirror half expecting to see a well groomed well connected rich male from the North east born into a family dynasty that intends to carry on the tradition of wealth power and keep it all in the family for a long time, but all I saw was that I need a shave. Bummer.

7. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Peroutka. You can vote for him, and not be ashamed before God.

8. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

I'm voting for Bush and will not be ashamed before God.

9. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Furthermore, I have churchmembers in my church who are voting for Kerry and I will not treat them any differently than I treat those who vote for Bush.

10. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

So is John Kerry, but enither you nor I will be voting for him.

11. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

So is John Kerry, but enither you nor I will be voting for him. </font>[/QUOTE]So? What's your point?

12. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

That your comment was meaningless.

13. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Pa. Jim, you better get on down to the Coffee Shop where somebody will listen to you. You're slobbering on your keyboard again. :D