1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured But I thought voter fraud was a myth fabricated by racist conservatives

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We had PLENTY of it in Cincinnati. And when convicted, the Judge needs to throw the book at them.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    People are something.

I work in a C-store. Often someone will come in to buy cancer sticks and / or booze. But they don't have their ID (for proof of age) then they go out and get in their vehicle and drive away.

It was mentioned that if someone lost their license due to vehicle violations - they should then obtain a Non-drivers license ID.

Asking for picture ID is NOT unreasonable.

#62 Salty, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that one problem is that the GOP will help people with transportation or other problems but the Democrats will not offer any assistance to their voters. So if someone is having a problem, just call the GOP.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depends on:

1. How far you have to travel to obtain the card
    2. How complicated and how many forms you have to fill out
    3. On the photograph required, how large, color, black and white, etc.
    4. What kinds of roadblocks people processing the request throw up
    5. How much is the 'administrative cost'
    6. Is the office handicapped accessible

There can be all kinds of hardships and roadblocks thrown up if the 'wrong' type of people come in to get their card. For instance, would it work a hardship on you or anyone in your community if in New Mexico if the only places a person could get a voter card was in Gallup, Framington, Santa Fe or Albuquerque? That would be quite a drive for you and other.

A small aside. When my wife registered to vote after graduating from college she move to her new job in a new town where she was not known. The registration folk did not know her and thought she might vote "wrong", whatever that meant. They threw up all kinds of road blocks. What they did not realize was how determined that made her and finally they registered her. This was in 1962 in a southern state. As she was leaving a black man came in to register. "Good luck," she said to him as she left.

#64 Crabtownboy, Oct 3, 2014
  5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You make it sound as if we are living 100 years ago. Have you even ever been to New Mexico? It probably is a lot nicer than Martha's Vineyard! This is America--you must be thinking of Old Mexico.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are thousands of stories about elderly people that need their birth certificate in order to get a photo ID. They can't find their birth certificate so they go to the county to get a copy of it. But they need a photo ID to get their birth certificate. But they need their birth certificate to get a photo ID, so they're stuck.

Or if they do have their birth certificate it lists their maiden name and not their married name. Now they need to get their marriage certificate along with the birth certificate in order to get their photo ID. But they need a photo ID to get a copy of their marriage license. So they're stuck.

These are people that have been voting their entire adult life, the poll workers probably know them by name, but now they can't vote.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All people need to do in order to get a state photo ID is call the GOP to help them every step of the way. The older generation is probably more together than the younger generation but Indiana has issued photo IDs for a long time so that people could buy alcohol or cash checks or buy guns, etc.

In Indiana, the Democrats could not show that one person was inconvenienced when the issue was before a judge.

Rich blue states should have no trouble complying if they choose. Getting an ID is so easy that even a Democrat in Indiana could do it.

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you read and comprehend my latest post?

Is the GOP going to find the birth certificate for an elderly person? If not, how will the GOP be able to get a copy of the birth certificate from the county? Is the person going to sign over power of attorney to the GOP?

Is the GOP going to find the person's social security card?

Marriage certificate?

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, the GOP does it all. By the way, when you omit part of a quote, you should indicate it.

In Indiana, the State also has an archive of birth certificates. But as I said in the part that you omitted, this is not the problem for the elderly that Democrats claim.

Additionally, the elderly are voting GOP more and more because 0bam@ cut $700,000,000,000 from Medicare.

In Indiana, the Democrats could not present one person in their legal case before the judge who could not easily obtain ID.

Of course, it is impossible for illegal aliens to vote legally in Indiana.

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want to make sure I understand you. Let's say I don't have a photo ID and I don't have a birth certificate. I need one of these items to obtain the other item.

I call the GOP. Are you saying they can obtain a copy of my birth certificate for me? How do they do that without presenting a photo ID? Does the state of Indiana allow a political party to access a person's birth certificate?

[Oh, and I'll quote as much or as little as I decide.]

#70 InTheLight, Oct 3, 2014
  11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure where you get your information, but it appears to be incorrect. The Indiana state government says an id card must come from the government and meet four qualifications:

In Indiana, the Democrats could not show that one person was inconvenienced when the issue was before a judge.

Rich blue states should have no trouble complying if they choose. Getting an ID is so easy that even a Democrat in Indiana could do it.[/QUOTE]

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [/QUOTE]

You took me out of context. The complaint was that there was no help for the voter without a picture ID--I merely said that the GOP could help with the transportation, time, etc. OK?

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I am sure both parties will provide transportation.

But that does not address problems that might be faced in voter IDs are required. Just like registering to vote roadblocks can be faced if the people processing the registration cards want to make things difficult.

Here, before every election the country sends out voter registration cards to every registered voter. But, again that is after a person is registered.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the Indiana law was filed against in federal court, the Democrats in Indiana were unable to provide the federal judge with a single case wherein a person could not get a photo ID. Most people have had them for years, even in Martha's Vineyard, a liberal ghetto. You need ID to buy alcohol, cigarettes, guns, etc.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. It is.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist