1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

California Universtity studies the possibility of an afterlife?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 28, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I kid you not. A local university in the University of California system of liberal halls of academic excellance have a grant to study the possiblity of an afterlife. It cost them five million dollars. And their findings are interesting.

http://www.pe.com/articles/fischer-654289-scientific-death.html

For less than fifty dollars, I could have helped them discover the answer to their questions. All they'd have to do is "read" the Bible!

So, is this a waste of money, or will it's eventual findings lead the lost souls closer to finding salvation and forgiveness of their sin, and a place in the afterlife? :wavey:

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I'd like to see their conclusions.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard the lead professor on television this week stating that they discovered that near death experiences were so similar around the world, that this caused them to believe there is an afterlife!

Apparently regardless of the culture, the near death accounts are very close to those anywhere in the world!