1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cals: A Majority to be Saved?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by humblethinker, Jul 25, 2011.

1. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

Ok, seems to me that what God is making the point that Abraham's offspring would be more than he had the ability to number. Which is what Abraham believed and it was the correct belief especially since it was rewarded by God. Why should we believe any different than Abraham here?

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Your take is incorrect, though I can see why you try to garner such.

I do not know if there will be a majority elected, or minority. I think in light of our current world, that there is a minority within it that are true believers.

I don't really know if I am a calvinist per se. I really haven't studied out TULIP so much, but I am DoG in beliefs for certain.

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Would say that the Book of Revelation shows to us an "innumerable" assembly of believers, from every kindred, tribe, and tongue!

Think that we will be surprised that :

just how NONE of us are worthy before God to even been saved
    Just how many actually werre redeemed and saved!

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Aren't the TULIPS points like 'cliff note" edition of the DoG though?