1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism and missions/evangelism

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by 4His_glory, Jun 10, 2005.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

<<<Why do I share the gospel in spite of the fact that I know He already chose some form before the foundation of the world? Because He's told me to do it in His Word. So even though I can't harmonize it perfectly in my humanity, I'll give Him the benefit of the doubt on that one too.>>>

Wow. YOU will give God the benefit of the doubt? Must think pretty highly of yourself, eh? Why would God tell us to do something "just because" or "just for the sake of it"? The reason you can't "harmonize it perfectly" is because the whole concept of calvinism is confusing, something God specifically stated in His Word He is not the author of!

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Webdog,

What's so confusing about this?

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

3. RandR

RandR New Member

webdog,

Let me see if I understand. I refer to my humanity, my unglorified state, etc. and you accuse me of thinking too highly of myself? Riiight.

Methinks you also know that the reference to giving God "the benefit of the doubt" was understatement.

So thanks for the valuable contribution to the discussion.