1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Calvinism/Why God Hates

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Steaver,

The sheep hear God's truth.....the others believe not because they are not sheep...

2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    steaver

Yes I do.
    You ask this over and over and yet when I offer you 1cor 2
    the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
    If you cannot answer to this section of scripture you have no point.

All of these kind of statements are idiotic and do not deserve a response. To call God names, suggest he is or could be divided, that the Spirit fails are stupid. The excuse that"your theology says this" is a lame excuse because you cannot find anyone who says this. It is you posting it.

No one is going to correct what they believe is true Steaver. You have not proven your point. If someone proved a point I would change.
    I was first taught dispy premill teaching , bought the books and got the tee shirt, but learned it is a flawed system, and I had to leave it.

Yes....Why God does and thinks what He does is His Secret things. I quoted you from Romans 11. and you skip over it.
    You have not really debated at all. You attack and seek to divide people, but debate, not so much:laugh:

No...that is what you have done and were trying to do , have me be critical of Con 1, who has been trying to help you.
    Con 1 and others do a much better job of reaching out to you then I do. You should listen to Him. I see your evil intent and weed through your nonsense and call you on it because I see it as evil.
    \Did you ever notice in the gospels how they tried to catch Jesus in His words?
    mk3
    2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him.

Do not avoid the answer by playing dumb now. There are levels of growth in all Christians to deny this is disingenuous
    I can make a case for any or all of these if you were serious. You show that you are not however.

The reality is , that is exactly what you do from thread to thread...that's all you got. You know how I know this???
    Show me a thread where you have offered truth with scripture proofs anywhere from this month on these topics..... You say our theology is horrible and attack it as a member of anti cal jihad....yet you offer nothing in a positive way. Your "responses " are all twisting of past posts or avoiding when you are given an answer.:thumbs:

I explained that to you...I would not post it , if I do not stand by it.

Not at all..you can deal with him by himself
    AA has every right to speak what he believes to you which he did. He has a right not to believe as I do on each point.
    I am pretty sure we would agree on 95 percent of bible doctrine. He probably would not express himself as I do which is fine.... we are not clones....

AA, Reformed, Dr. Bob, JBH, GreeK Tim, Brian, and many others are more graceful and tactful in their responses. We are not produced by a cookie cutter.

Your looking to pit one another against each other fails because even if they disagree with some of what I post, or the manner in which I post it...they know what you are doing and will not buy what you are selling:thumbs:

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Triple Down :laugh: You make my points over and over again brother. Your the gift that just keeps on giving :thumbs:

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    and once again you don't answer the first Corinthians chapter 2

5. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Do you realize the absurdity of this statement? How are you supposed to know who to love? You (according to Calvinism) don't know if they're elect and will be saved in the future. So, if you love them and they're not, you've sinned according to you. On the other hand, if you hate them and they're elect, you're hating what God loves.

Your statements have you sinning no matter what you do.

6. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

When I first read his statement I thought to myself, Can I hate my children even though at this time they are not saved and are at enmity against God, Rom 8:7

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The natural mind cannot receive that Truth of scripture !

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes it is scripture, taken from a prayer, a prayer of judgment. It is also inspired.
    Unless you are willing to pray the prayer yourself (for one of your friends), I suggest you try not to use it for your pet doctrines of the hatred of God.

(Psa 5:3-6)
    And you are the one praying this for who?? Who are you condemning with this Imprecatory Psalm?

#88 DHK, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Another thing, Loving ones Enemies is a derived from the Second Commandment Matt 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Now, Christ has fufilled all the Righteous requirements of God's Law here, for everyone He lived and died for, So as Christ Himself Loved God and His Neighbor , His enemie is His Neighbor Lk 10:25-37

25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

So thats part of the Law of God, and again, Jesus Christ has fulfilled it for those of us He Lived and died for, and because of that we are made Righteous Rom 5:19 !

So as far as God is concerned, all for whom Christ died for and lived for, have already Loved their Neighbor and Enemies as Man has been required by the Law !

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Thats right, your beef is with scripture, God's Authoritative Word ! Thats not good to beef against God, did you know that ? Thats enemity against God when we resist His Word !

11. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been to seminary is this is by far the worst example of exegesis I have ever seen. :laugh:

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Hang around and you'll see more...

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Do you understand that statement ?

14. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I comprehend what you're saying...it's just not hermeneutically sound.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Invalid statement! :)

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Excuses for unbelief !

17. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well didn't the Holy Spirit open your eyes yet on this topic?

You Cals have two options on your God hates people doctrine...

1) God hated them before they were ever created and ever did anything wrong. NOT choosing to hate them for anything foreknown to come to pass.

2) God, in His all knowing, knows the wickedness they will one day in the future do, and therefore chooses to hate them before they were ever created or actually did anything wrong YET.

18. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like the response of someone uneducated. Lol

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Start with Acts 15:18 and work your way out...

You're teetering on open theism....

20. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must be the only Calvinist who doesn't endorse this "God hates" doctrine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.